Tuesday, January 30, 2007
My computer is very sick with a virus much to my dismay. I didn't realize how much I would miss it until it's not there for me check when I want to. I have been stalking the computer repair company but to no avail. I hope to be back online by at least Friday. I did complete my Christmas ornament for the sal this past weekend but will have to wait to show the picture. I am currently posting from Mom's computer. Anyway, I am thinking of you guys and all the lovely stitching going on that I will have to catch up on. I am off to stalk some more. Catch you all later and happy stitching!
at 3:03 PM
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
it didn't work out. After three frustrating attempts my scissor fob became a tiny little pinkeep. I had placed lime beads around it and then I tried red seed beads and still it looked not quite right. I even tried to do beads just in the corners-but to no avail.I think maybe my problem was that I had done it on 25 ct. lugana because it was stitched over one. I just had a hard time matching up those edges. I still like the way it turned out and I feel somewhat relieved that it is not hanging over my head. I have a little heart stitched on the back, but did not get a good picture of it to show.
Today, I received a little surprise, Margaret from Stitch or No Stitch had sent me a pattern but unbeknown to me, she also sent me this sweet little dishtowel. It's special because it is the first stitched gift anyone has ever given me. Thanks again Margaret!
at 9:37 PM
Friday, January 19, 2007
This a new beginning in progress, I decided to start at the center with blueberry creme. I just love it. It uses one strand of silk. The B next to it is done in glacier. You think you can whip through those motifs, but they are more intensive than I thought. I am also working on watermelon by LHN, almost finished with that and hope to post a picture soon.
Lillie from Lil' Needlecrafter has tagged me to tell 6 weird things about me. Well, I am sure some of these things are not weird at least not to me but maybe they will tell you a little more about me.
6 Weird Things about Me
The rules: Each player of this game starts with the "6 weird things about you." People who get tagged need to write in their blog of 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names.
1. I absolutely hate parades, too long, and having to listen to the commentators talk about floats and so forth just bores me to tears. I figure if you have seen one parade you have seen them all. In that same light, I don't like going to the circus either.
2. I was not really a pet person, I see the wheels turning in your head saying but she has 4 cats. I know, I know it's just one of those things. Now, I did have pets as a child, a rabbit, gerbils, cat, and 2 dogs. Now, one of the dogs was very special to me his name was Puppy D (don't ask)I had him when I was quite young. I originally acquired my cats because I thought the kids should have a pet and along the way I fell in love and here I am today with 4 fur babies.
3. Some people think I am mean. Of course, I am not. I am just reserved at times and I think that people translate that into she doesn't want to be bothered. Not the case! I am very sweet-LOL, y'all know.
4. I love to collect coffee cups, antique tea cups, tea pots, glassware and I adore antique furniture, shows and stuff. I also really like wrist watches, baskets, and books.
5. I am a TV fanatic, love to watch. I have 4 TVs in my home and the one in my room is always on. No TV you say, bite your tongue! That's one of the first things I ask if the hotel has, that and cable. Give me Grey's Anatomy (By the way, what is wrong with that fool Isiah Washington (Dr.Burke) somebody gag him already!
6. I was a debutante for Alpha Kappa Alpha and presented to society when I was 17. I was also the president of my debutante group.
Now, I am going to tag the following people:
Pretty in Pink -Mercy
Redwitch's Stitch & Bitch-Sue
Arthemise's Stitching Blog-Arthemise
Ozark Stitching- Michelle
at 3:32 PM
Thursday, January 11, 2007
First, I must thank everyone for those beautiful comments you left regarding me and my Grandfather. They were very much appreciated and I do believe some of you had me blushing. You all are very sweet. I hope my Grandfather continues to do as well as he is doing and it would be nice to have inherited his longevity.
I finally have a finish for 2007, this is called shine on harvest moon by Monsterbubbles. It was a free design that I requested from Wilchelt Imports. As, you can see lots of color and different as most of the Monsterbubbles designs are. Those bars were a little tedious though. It's great to have a finish though. I think this would make a great pillow.
Now on to the SBQ this week, I hope to better about answering these questions this year. There were some really great questions posed last year and I may have to go back and answer some. Here is the question for this week:
Do you dream of running your own LNS/ONS? If so, tell us about your
dream. If not, tell us about your cross stitch dream… maybe you dream
of designing, dyeing your own floss or fabric, etc.
Now, I must admit I do dream of owning my own shop-but I don't think I have enough knowledge of various stitching things to do that. I think those people that do needlepoint, hardanger, quilt or sew would be best to do something like that. But, to be surrounded by cross stitch everyday would be wonderful. Sometimes, trying to design somehting crosses my mind-but it is only wishful thinking on my part.
at 11:35 AM
Friday, January 05, 2007
This is a picture of me with my Grandfather. He is an amazing 102 years old and probably doing better than me at 40. Since, I was off this week me, my Mom, and kids paid him a little visit. It was great to see him and I thought I would share the picture with you all. It also show you know what I look like(hope I don't scare you-LOL). I absolutely abhor taking pictures-so not a lot of pictures of me about.
I am stitching, I have been working on new beginnings, and a Samsarah design called shimmers and sparkles. I haven't worked that much on my Miribilia ( South Seas Mermaid)-I think it intimidates me some. Once I get started it's okay, maybe I will post a picture next week if I can make some more progress. On, a positive note I have joined the Christmas ornament SAL and I decided what ornament I am going to stitch. Which is no small feat-because there are so many. I am going to stitch folk art topiary by Brown House Studio. It's in the 2004 Christmas ornament issue. Anyway, catch ya later, until then happy stitching.
at 12:52 AM