Friday, March 14, 2008

African woman wip and some stash.....



Here is an update on African woman currently in progress. She is coming along nicely and hopefully I will be finished soon. The last time I posted-her dress only came down to where her hands are. So, that gives you an idea of how much I have progressed. I am looking forward to finishing her. I found another pattern similar to her by Bleu de Soie and I am going to stitch that as an companion piece-it's called African woman and child. I have been busy working, but I finally got my winter exchange out to Carol today. So, pics next week. Now that it's done I am trying to decide what I will really focus on besides my little woman here.

Below is some of the stash that I have gotten over the last month. An eclectic little mix don't you think? I am sure that this is not all-but posting anymore would probably make me feel guilty or have me running for the nearest therapist (Carol, do you think I need help? LOL) I won't label everything, the pics. are clickable. But, if you have a question just email me or leave it in the comments. Last but not least I want to thank you all for your kind words of sympathy for my little Midnight. I appreciated you more than you know and your words were very comforting. Now, I am off to feed the masses better known as my children! Have a grest weekend!




22 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Your stitching is coming along very nicely. Lovely stash too!

BeckySC said...

Great stash, Sharon :) and your wip looks great!
I have missed your posts :) Good to see one from you :)

Teejay said...

I love the designs and curviness of your woman's dress, it is lovely work so far! What a great collection of stash, enjoy.

Carol said...

African Woman is gorgeous - and that stash is droolable!

Barbara said...

Woohoo! Serious stash haul!! ;)

Love your progress on African Woman - can't wait to see some stitches in the new one you mentioned, Woman with Child.

Becky K in OK said...

Oh, nice stash. What fun for you. Your AW is coming along splendidly.

J Rae said...

Sharon, your African woman looks great! Can't wait to see the companion piece you got.

Great stash!!!

Paisley said...

African Woman is coming along nicely! Looking forward to seeing the companion piece!

You're gonna be busy with all that new stash!

Kim B said...

Your project looks awesome! And you have some fun new stuff! The flip flops are cute.

Annemarie said...

Oh Whoopee, great stash, Sharon!
Your African lady is beautiful!

Marie-P said...

Your African Woman WIP is beautiful~
Boy, you have some great "stash"~ I need to check into the Little By Little designs!

Lili said...

Great stash! I especially love the the Little by Little designs.
The African woman is very beautiful.
Take care, Sharon,
Lili

Ruth said...

Wow, Sharon! You've been busy or I've been asleep. lol Maybe both. Great stitching and finishing. Congrats on all the stash!!! Your African woman is looking great!!

stitcherw said...

African Woman is looking wonderful, nice progress. Lovely stash as well, I see several there that are on my list too.
Sue

Lelia said...

African Woman is beautiful!!! And, your stash ... I'm so drooling on the keyboard -- excellent projects : ) So, which one is next on your 'must start' list??? LOL Enjoy the day

tkdchick said...

Sharon, she'll be quite elegan when she's done.

Itching To Stitch said...

Your African Woman looks great and boy, is that some stash you got ;)

Jenna said...

You've made quite a bit of progress on your African woman. Can you post a pic of the companion piece? I'd love to see it. Congrats on all of the stash, too.

Meari said...

What a load of stash!! Enjoy it all. Your WIP looks good.

Sachiko said...

Wow!!!Your new stash are so great!!
African Lady's cloth is lovely~.

Jennifer said...

The African woman is coming on greatly!! The first thought of her companion that occurred to me was also of her child :) waiting to see the sketch with the lil companion.

Celtic said...

The African Lady is really impressive. It appears that this lady is impressed by the Egyptians She is beautiful. Why dont you consider showing some part of her feet?