Friday, April 23, 2010
This is Live Simply by Stone and Thread. I just love these little patterns. It was stitched on 30 count WDW gold. This actually was a little kit that came with Valdani threads but I hated the thread. I could never get the thread to lay right and it just generally looked yucky, so I restarted this piece using GAST and WDW thread and was more pleased with the result! This and Live Humbly will be framed. Life otherwise is pretty boring, which I guess is a good thing. I and the kids are more than ready for school to be over with. No more early days and no more homework.
Currently, I am stitching on a Heart in Hand pattern called XOXO. I will soon be finished as it's a small pattern. It is for my Valentine ornament tree of which I am laboring under the delusion that I will be able to have next year! Ha! I guess I can dream! As always, thanks for you continued visits. Have a great weekend.
at 9:32 AM
Friday, April 09, 2010
Finished up Bent Creek's Rowmance today. It was stitched on 30 count Old Mill Java with GAST and WDW threads. I changed the flowers from blue to a pink and used a different red than the pattern called for. I also placed a bee button instead of stitching the bee on the pattern. Thanks for that suggestion Jinger! It was very easy and fun to stitch.
I received a couple of awards. The first is Sunshine Blogger Award from Jinger and Jackie . Thanks so much ladies!
I also received an award from Bette . The Beautiful Blogger award. Thank you Bette!
Now here are the following things to do to accept this award.
1. Thank the person who gave it to you.
2. Paste the award on your blog.
3. Link to the person who gave you the award.
4. List 10 interesting things about yourself. (I am not that interesting!)
5. Pass the award on to 10 blogs and link to them.
1. I love NCIS, I watch it any chance I get! I also love The Closer, Criminal Minds, NCIS: LA, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Law and Order: CI, In Plain Sight
2. I am an avid TV watcher obviously as noted in #1
3. I love reading
4. I will celebrate 20 years of nursing this year
5. I love antiques and wish I owned more!
6. I collect old teacups and coffee cups of any kind
7. I am a girly girl, I love makeup, purses, perfume and all girl things. I carried a purse in first grade!
8. I am a very casual person
9. I was a debutante and was presented to society when I was 17.
10.Did I say, I love Mark Harmon?
Now ten blogs to share this with! I am inspired by all blogs-but I can only list ten!
Notes from Blue Hen Hollow
Deep Fried Cupcake
Stitch by Stitch
Lovely in Chocolate
Pretty Little Corners
Pumpkin Patch and Co.
Kajsaa's Stitching and More
at 6:47 PM