Thursday, January 28, 2016

Willow House Finish

It's been a long time coming...but Willow House by Blackbird Designs is finally finished! The shop sticker on the pattern when I bought it is dated for 2009. I really don't remember when I started working on this but I don't think it's been that long. It's stitched on a 30 count R and R linen called Witches Brew I believe with the recommended Weeks Dye threads. The eyelets in the house worked my nerves a little, I just never felt I could get them right. So I opted not to put in the area up by the roof where the letter G is and just used regular cross stitch. Also, the purple star was supposed to be over one and rather than tear my hair out I changed it to a smaller version of the gray star to the right of it.  Amazingly, I was able to get through my lazy daisy stitches. That was after watching a very helpful video on YouTube. I figure all these little changes makes it unique to me.  I added mine and my daughters initials to complete the piece. 

It's been very hard to get a good picture of this piece...the linen is golden in color not sure it's as golden as this picture shows. However other times the flash just will completely wash it out. I took this picture at night as well.  Now I am on to my next project, I am pleased with these two finishes as I am making progress here in 2016!  The month of January continues to be a challenging however, and my ear infection and hot water heater are now minor. But I won't go into that right now.   Thanks for stopping by and I hope your weekend is fabulous! 


Sunday, January 17, 2016

Happy New Year & A Finish!

Happy New Year dear friends! I hope that the new year has started out well for everyone. It's been busy here in my little part of the world.  An ear infection ( thought I was too old for that!) and broken water heater to name a couple of things that have gotten my year off to a running start!  Anyway, amazingly I have a finish!  This is Malabar Farm Pinkeep by Stacy Nash. It was stitched on 30 count Confederate Gray linen with GA threads. I changed one color to Weeks Teal Frost...that was the inner  flowers and the peacocks tail. I love it.i also changed the linen as it was supposed to be stitched on Weeks Straw linen. 

Now I hope to get Willow House close on that one too. I am trying not to start anything till I finish up a couple of projects....though it is killing me! Lol  Thank you to everyone who stopped by to say nice to hear from you!  Anyway, just wanted to to share this finish!  I hope your week is off to a fabulous start!