Saturday, December 06, 2008

Seeing Double....





double ornaments that is. I am going to a stitch in tonight at my LNS and we had an option to do an ornament exchange. Many ideas floating in my head-but not enough time. So I had stitched Heart in Hands ornament from the 2002 JCS ornament magazine for me and I repeated it for the stitch in. It was quick and easy. Right up my alley-LOL. I attempted to use this finishing technique by Monique of My Mark Designs but I had a little trouble with my wire and beads-so I improvised with this look. I think it came out okay. I like the wire and bead look though.

Barbara from Mainely Stitching sent me a sweet beaded fob with a frog on it-to keep my stitching frogs away. It is lovely, but I can't get a decent picture of it. I love it though. Thanks Barbara for thinking of me! Thanks to all of you too for the lovely compliments regarding me and my family.

Anyway, I must run. I am making Pioneer Woman's apple dumplings for tonight and they are super yummy and quick. Go try them-you won't regret it though your hips might-LOL
Happy Stitching!

26 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

I'm sold - where are the dumplings?!
Love the ornies. :)

Cindy F. said...

Apple Dumplings!!! Yummy!
Your ornies turned out great! Such pretty stitches:)

Irene said...

The ornmanets look great !

Karoline said...

The ornaments are lovely, congratulations

Olenka's Stitches said...

Wow! Lovely ornaments! I love your idea of finishing them.

Redwitch said...

Mmmm apple dumplings sound fab, I can feel the weight going on just thinking about them ;)

Great ornies too!

Dianne said...

These are so sweet Sharon! Nice choice!
I'd try the dumplings if I had a recipe-hint-hint! My husband loves apples so much I call him Mr Ed sometimes-lol

stitcherw said...

Your two ornies look lovely, and what a cutie Santa is in displaying them for you. The dumplings sound wonderful, I think I'm lucky you didn't post a link to the recipe, LOL.
Sue

Pumpkin said...

Those are adorable Sharon and I love the finishing idea! I've never seen that before :o) Great job.

Aussie Stitcher said...

Love the ornaments, well done. Also love the family pictures.

Lillie said...

Lovely ornaments and beautifully finished.

mainely stitching said...

It's unphotographical. ;P I'm just so glad you like it! :D

Meari said...

Those ornaments are adorable!

Sharon said...

I love these ornies and especially loved how you finished them. Hmmm apple dumplings, thats sounds wonderful, let us know how they come out. I think I might try some. xoxo

Sally said...

The ornaments are lovely.

Carla said...

Beautiful ornies, Sharon!!

Lili said...

I've always wanted to stitch this design...
I really love your santas, they're amazing!
Many hugs!
Lili

Lisa said...

Love the ornaments. I also like your santa display. Merry Christmas!
LISA V

Wendy said...

Great ornaments, Sharon! And beautiful Santas too!!

Karin said...

Gorgeous Ornaments!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Sharon despite being short on time your ornaments turned out beautifully! Well done!

Kajsa said...

I love the way you finished the ornies. Very different!

Merry Christmas!

Jeanne said...

The ornies are very cute! Hope you have a great holiday season!

Lillie said...

Great idea on the ornaments. I like the way you finished it.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Margaret said...

Hope you and your loved ones are having a wonderful Christmas Sharon. Best wishes for 2009.

Gwen said...

Happy Holidays!

Hope that you and yours had a great Christmas.
Love your ornaments and African Lady. You and your whole family are lovely. Great pictures.