Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Fabulous Gift from Sherri!

Do you remember those fabulous African Women I showed you a few weeks ago? They were by French designer Isabelle Vautier and if you scroll down a bit you can see my post on them. Well one of my friends and stitching partner Sherri volunteered to stitch one for me! Can you believe that? I was surprised and delighted and of course I said yes! So here is the first one she stitched for me called Turqouise Song. It is stitched on Chablis 32 count linen by Picture This Plus, using DMC threads and a gold metallic. So after this one was done, I said "would mind stitching the second one for me?" Obviously, she agreed much to my delight!



This one is called Rose Beauty and is stitched on 32 count Jade linen by PTP as well, using DMC threads again and a gold metallic. She also has signed each one for me in a lovely cursive stitch with her name. You probably can't see that as they are long and were a little hard to photograph. She stitched each one over the course of a month! So she is really fast and her backs look as beautiful as the fronts!



Sherri, I can't THANK you enough for these! I will treasure them always!

15 comments:

Tonia said...

How my goodness!!! What a fabulous gift. Sherri is truly a jewel. Let me know when you want them framed :)

Carol said...

That is one special friend you have there, Sharon! Sherri's stitching is fabulous--enjoy :)

tangerinedream73 said...

Just lovely Sharon! You are blessed to have Sherri as a friend. Her stitching is just gorgeous. Enjoy!

Amy

Ranae said...

Wowza! What a fabulous friend you have, they are so pretty.
Sherri did a stunning job on both

Deb said...

I can't stop looking they are so beautiful!

Lili Bear said...

My, they're lovely! And the choice of fabrics is stunning.
Congrats to Sherri for stitching them (and to you for your beautiful choices!).
Take care!

Sally said...

They are both beautiful Sharon. How lovely of Sherri to stitch them for you.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That is wonderful! Woo Hoo!

Pointed Stitcher said...

Oh, these are just beautiful!!

Kathy A. said...

What a wonderful gift from a friend. Lovely stitches. She sure is a special person.

feather-stitching.com said...

Wow, what a generous friend, they're both simply stunning - especially the blue one (but then I'm biased and am always attracted to anything stitched in blue)

Pumpkin said...

What special gifts Sharon! That was very kind of Sherri :o)

'Chelle said...

Those are amazing, Sharon! I know you will enjoy them. Sherri obviously does beautiful work!

Lija said...

When my sister stayed with me last month, she has volunteered to do a cross stitch. She has done a tiny lady bird and the jumped onto a bigger kit of Somebunny to love. I felt a little sad to part with my kit ... but imagine my surprise when she has presented it to me in a nice little parcel I received. Now i fancy if she could do another one for me ... but slightly embarrassed to ask.

Patty C. said...

These are just beautiful