Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Two Finishes!



First up is Wrought by My Hand by Pineberry Lane. This was a Prim Sister's Club kit. It was such fun to stitch. I changed my colors up just a little. The chart had one more color option for the insides of the berries, which was the cream color you see above. The shirt on my little lady was supposed to be a gray color but since it didn't go very with her darker skin tone, I changed it to cream as well.  I also decided to leave her face blank. This was stitched on 30 count Confederate Gray linen with Gentle Arts Threads. I did make one mistake in that it was supposed to be stitched with one thread over two. I didn't read my directions (bad Sharon!) and I stitched mine two over two.  Note to self, read the darn directions first!

This is The Sowing Sampler by Norforgotten Farm. It was also a Prim Sister's Club kit which a lovely stitcher was so very kind to let me borrow her pattern. I just loved this saying on this sampler so much! I did read the directions this time and it is stitched one thread over two on 30 count Tin Roof linen, with Gentle Art Threads. Both these pieces are to be framed and I am thinking of doing a primitive type of stitching wall in my bedroom. So, I think I am off to a good start with these two!
Last but certainly not least, I leave you with a picture of my oldest Brandon, this was him on his way to his Senior prom. I am so proud of him this year. He has been on the A/B honor roll all year and he will graduate high school next month on June 4th. So hard to believe we are at this point. I can still remember bringing him home from the hospital! Time really does fly! He plans to go to college and he would like to do engineering (or so he says at the moment!)LOL 

23 comments:

Catherine said...

Beautiful finishes and congratulations to your handsome son!!

Dawn said...

Beautiful finishes! Wonderful picture of your son, so very handsome

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Love your finishes, Sharon and I really like your color changes and the 2/2 on the Pineberry Lane piece. Your son is so handsome! Congratulations to him and to you!

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

Hey Sharon, what a nice picture of your son. I'm sure he loves knowing how proud you are.
Love both of your stitched pieces. Two of my favorite designers.
Smiles, Nan

Katrina said...

Gorgeous finishes, I love the primitive pieces. And handsome son, congrats to him!!!!!!

Faye said...

They both look fantastic Sharon!!!!! Congrats!!!!

Minnie said...

Congratulations to your son and he looks very nice for the prom. Your stitching is perfect whether 2 over 2 or 1 over 2. I love those pictures behind your son, are the stitched pieces or prints? How are they by?

Jane in Wisconsin said...

Your son's photo brings back fond memories. Those childhood years go by so quickly! Love your Prim Sisters project.

Scattered Threads said...

Darling finishes Sharon…but I must say, It must take a second placement to that handsome young man of yours. Congratulations to both you and he on his graduation, a major milestone. Hope he will have a great send off to college too.
Jackie

Mylene said...

Congrats to your son and a handsome picture of him.

Lovely finishes!!

Paisley said...

Beautiful finishes! I think I would have used 2 strands of thread on the 30 ct. fabric just because it seems like it would cover better.

Your son has certainly grown into a handsome young man!

Bette said...

Very pretty finishes! What a fine looking young man! You must be so proud of him. Time sure does fly, doesn't it?

Carol said...

Your son looks so handsome, Sharon, and I know he has a bright future ahead of him--they do grow up so quickly. My three sons are all grown now and out on their own and it really does seem like yesterday that they were out playing ball in the backyard!

Love your finishes--beautiful stitching :)

Anna van Schurman said...

Great finishes! And congratulations to your son. :)

Jan said...

What stunning work

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Lovely finishes! Brandon looks very handsome and so grown up!

Margaret said...

I love your two finishes!!!! They are so pretty! Congratulations to Brandon on doing so well and graduating high school! Such an exciting time for sure. Isn't it amazing how fast time goes?

Karoline said...

Gorgeous finishes, congratulations

Congratulations to your son on his achievements

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Firstly your finishes...both are cute! But I must say I adore that first Pineberry Lane one...CUTE CUTE CUTE!

Now speaking of cute...your son is as handsome as can be and he's rocking that peach color!
Congratulations Sharon to you on raising such a fine young man. And many congratulations to Brandon's future!

Sally said...

Beautiful finishes.

Lovely photo of your son. He is so handsome. Hope he enjoyed his prom.

Meari said...

Congrats on your two finishes, and for your DS's graduation. He looks so handsome in his tux.

Brigitte said...

Two great finishes, Sharon. I like both designers very much.
Congratulations to your son!

Lynn said...

You have a very handsome son there Sharon. Congrats to him on his upcoming graduation!
Love both of your finishes. They look great!