Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A Finish and June WIPocalypse

Finally finished my Sarah's House by Blackbird Designs in the wee hours of the morning. I really could have been finished with this a long time ago, but I had to take a break from it after some reverse stitching just drove me crazy. Also that border was a little tricky as well.  It is stitched on the called for 30 count Abcedarian fabric with recommended Gentle Arts threads. I love, love the colors in this one and I wish occasionally that I had not been frugal and had went with the silks! It is to be framed and will be a wonderful addition to my sampler wall.

This is also a wipocalypse finish for me as well as this was on the list. I seem to add and stitch more than stitch what was originally on the list. Not sure what I will pick up next. I have worked some my ES Spot Motif Sampler. I have also been kitting some projects. I had started Jane Pattison by Shakespeare's Peddler, however was not happy with the fabric choice. So I got more and I haven't restated it as I am thinking I will do that one in silks using The Attic's conversion.  I also have been loving Isabella Fox, which I have seen finished on several blogs. Also, Stacy Nash has a new one called Summer at Hollyberry Farm which I love too.  It's always wonderful to have choices.

20 comments:

J Rae said...

Sharon, your finish looks great! I know you are happy to have it finished! Can't wait to see it framed!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That just really came out very nice!

valerie said...

Great finish! Can't wait to see you Jane start! :)

cheryl said...

Lovely finish! Thank you for stopping by my blog. I am happy to have discovered your blog and enjoyed seeing your Sampler Wall.

Von said...

Yay, Sharon! Great finish. :)

Catherine said...

Beautiful finish!!!

Mouse said...

oooo very pretty and well done on the finish ... good luck with deciding what you want to stitch next sounds a hard choice ..lol :) love mouse xxxxx

Annette-California said...

Congrats on your finish. It's beautiful! love Annette

Melissa said...

Sharon, love your finish! I stitched this one too this year.

We have very similar tastes! I have Jane Pattison kitted up but there are so many wonderful projects to choose from! (Aren't we lucky?)

Happy Stitching!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I love your finish Sharon :)
I just bought Stacy's Summer at HBF the same day I saw it on her blog....obsessive, yes, that's me! :)

Brigitte said...

Congratulations, Sharon, on this wonderful finish. It will look even more beautiful when it's framed and hanging on the wall.
Yes, you are right, it's great to have choices - that's why I love all my WIPs dearly. I can pull out whatever my mood is upon. That's fun for me.

Meari said...

Congrats on your finish, Sharon!

Scattered Threads said...

Congrats on your finish. It is beautiful and I like the colors too. Wonderful!!!
Jackie:)

Lynn said...

A beautiful finish! Congrats!!
I also seem to stitch more things that are not on my WIPocalypse list than the ones that are, lol. Oh well, at least I'm getting stitching of some sort done!
Summer at Hollyberry Farm would be much choice! It's gorgeous. I have her Tribute To Summer sampler which I would like to stitch in the near future. I love her designs!

Karoline said...

Beautiful finish, congratulations

Lillie said...

Gorgeous finish, congrads

Peggy Lee said...

Love this finish. Can't wait to see it framed.
Thank you for visiting and your kind comments on my blog.
Have a super weekend!
:o)

Pumpkin said...

Beautiful finish Sharon! You always pick such lovely patterns :o)

stitcherw said...

Lovely finish, the boarder does look like it could be a bit tricky in the counting. Looking forward to seeing what you start next, and seeing your progress on Kitty Cat Row.
Sue

Julie said...

A very beautiful finish Sharon, such pretty muted colours.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment, its always nice to come across new blogs to read, i'll be back to see which design you chose. x