Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy "belated" Thanksgiving

Well, here I am-late as usual. My excuse is that I was working and sleeping. You know the hospital is always open. I hope everyone who was celebrating Thanksgiving had a happy and blessed one. Mine was good despite the working. Not any stitching though. I did go out for just a little bit to shop today-I never go on black Friday. But, today lo and behold I found a couple of items for the kids I just couldn't live without. So, I braved the crowds and they were huge-you would have thought it was free-LOL

Below is a picture of my new kitten-Midnight. She has parked herself on my bed-they know the best places-LOL Isn't she sweet?


This is the new Mirabilia-South Seas mermaid-that I have just started. It will be my first Mirabilia. I have always thought the mermaids were beautiful, but this particular mermaid just really caught my eye. I love the colors and I am going to do it on PTP Jade. I will post a picture when I have more to show. Hope everyone has a great weekend and lots of great stitching.

16 comments:

Carol said...

Midnight is adorable! I look forward to watching your mermaid grow! She is a really pretty one! I hope to start her soon, but am waiting on the beads and Kreiniks for her.... I figure on starting in early 2007, if I am lucky.... what fabric are you using?

Tracy Baby said...

Midnight is very cute she looks like my daughters cat Moon.I have just started my first Mermaid as well (Mermaids of the Deep Blue) I look forward to seeing yours grow.

Anonymous said...

Such a cute Kitty! Is that all the DMC colors that Mirabilia uses? I can't wait to see more, maybe I'll give one a try LOL :-)

BlissxStitches said...

Both cat and mermaid are beautiful!
I had two black cats for many years, Anastasia and Mitzu. I'm now owned by a tabby called Gypsy.

I'm going to have to purchase this mermaid to go with the others in my stash pile.LOL.

Glad you did something for Thanksgiving. I see Barbara misses hers way over in the Netherlands.

Arthemise said...

I know the hospital is always open--and I'm glad! My broken toe is glad too. Thanks!

Your kitty is so cute. Give her a belly rub for me! There's nothing as soft as a kitten belly.

Your Mira will be gorgeous. I have Mermaids of the Deep Blue in my stash for someday.

Anonymous said...

Midnight is so sweet. I love black cats, they are the best. She looks like fun. Ann.

Vonna said...

Love the mermaids...all of them, BUT I don't have the tenacity to attempt one. I'm sure yours will turn out lovely, can't wait to see the progress!
I know all about hospitals and holidays! Sorry you had to work but the pay usually makes up for the inconvience! LOL!
:D

Barbara said...

Midnight is utterly gorgeous! I would love to get a second kitty, but my allergies are just too awful.

Sorry you had to work on T'giving, but I'm glad you enjoyed the day anyway!

J Rae said...

You are a brave woman to go out in the shopping crowds. Not me, I feel much better at home. :-)

Midnight is so cute. Smart kitty! She knows the best place is the bed.

Can't wait to see your progress on the Mermaid. The fabric is gorgeous and will be great for this project!

Cindy said...

Midnight is just adorably cute! He looks so cute! The mermaid is just beautiful and I can not wait to see your progess on it!!!

Lauren said...

Midnight is sooo adorable! I love that mermaid, too - hope you have lots of fun stitching her!

Cathy said...

Hope you are having a great weekend Sharon. Your new little kitty is a cutie!

stitcherw said...

Midnight is adorable, and will be a lot of fun this Christmas I'll bet. The Mirabilia will be lovely, looking forward to seeing pictures of your progress.
Sue

Dianne said...

What a dear kitty, so pretty!
And the Mirabilia is a pretty design. Carol, me and another friend Nancy run the Yahoo Mirabilia stitch-along group if you are interested in joining. I am only working on one Mirabilia (my first) too.

Stitchingnow said...

Cute kitty. I have one that looks just like yours. Her name is CryBaby.. The mermaid will be gorgeous when you get done. Look forward to WIP photos.

Meari said...

Midnight is such a cutie. :D Can't wait to see your mermaid progress.