Thursday, January 10, 2008

A couple of wip's ...



African Lady



Be Mine



Happy New Year again to everyone! Thanks so much for all the comments on my previous post. They are as always so very much appreciated. Here are my two current wip's. I have been working on these pretty much the last week or so. The first is African Lady by Bleu de Soie. You can see a picture of what she will look like finished here . This is a French designer I discovered in my eternal quest for patterns. I am stitching her on 32 ct. apple brown bindy and she seems to be flowing quite well. I hope to finish her soon, but I am beginning to feel the pull of other's-lol.

The second piece is be mine by Lizzie Kate. I find myself in a Valentine's kind of mood here so I have wanted to stitch Valentine related things. Now this is a sweet little design that has caused me no end of trouble. I am having issues with counting again-lol. I had to compensate on the right side some-but I refused to frog. So, don't look too hard. The border actually worked out okay. I have made some changes in color on this one. The heart was supposed to be done in WDW love, but is done in CC prickly pear. The word Valentine was supposed to be done in purple haze and I changed that to CC plum paisley. I also changed the ribbon on the flower to WDW aqua. My last change on this piece involves the border. The pattern calls for WDW linen, but I like the bolder look and I am using GAST cranberry. I think it looks okay. What do you think?

Hope the rest of your week is a great one and happy stitching!

23 comments:

vEr0n!c@ said...

I think it your Be Mine looks great. Somehow, I realize I always make mistakes with simpler patterns as opposed to more complicated ones. Maybe because our mind deceives us and we don't pay enough attention while counting >.<

cathymk said...

Sharon both of your WIPs look stunning. I'm a huge LK fan and Be mine looks gorgeous with your colour changes.

Barbara said...

I like your color changes. I'm a big fan of going with your gut on colors... ;) Both WIPs are lovely - thanks for sharing!!

Bets said...

Oh yes, I like your Be Mine colors much better. The African Lady will be stunning!

Vonna said...

Wow...love them both! These are SUPER starts!

Becky K in OK said...

I, too, have counting problems on the simpler designs.
Your stitches are just great. I think your color changes are wonderful.

Sam said...

I love your changes to Be Mine, it looks gorgeous! Your African Lady is beautiful - such lovely, vibrant colours. Great stitching Sharon!

monique said...

I like your changes. I saw the pic and immediately thought I might have to buy that chart after all, and then I read about your changes... so *that's* why I suddenly like it LOL

Paisley said...

Beautiful stitching on your WIPs, Sharon! I love your color changes on Be Mine!

Meari said...

Your WIPs look good, Sharon.

Itching To Stitch said...

Both projects looks great, very different types of patterns. Nice to see some different things ;)

Lizzyblack said...

I love Lizzie Kate charts, they are quick but so wonderful! Your be mine is lovely :)

BeckySC said...

((((((((Thank you for being you))))))))

I love both pieces :)

J Rae said...

Sharon, your WIPs look great! I also like the color changes. :-)

Jenna said...

African Lady is coming along nicely. Do I spy a happy dance in your future? ;) I like all of the changes that you made to your valentine project. Keep up the great work!

Lili said...

They're both lovely! I think making changes in colours is a lot of fun and you sure have perfect tastes...
Enjoy your week end,
Lili

Ranae said...

I like what you did with LK. and love the coors of AL, both look fabulous.
Have a super duper weekned!!

stitcherw said...

They both are looking wonderful, and I think your color changes on the LK one look fine. I think simpler ones get us in trouble sometimes because since they are simpler we pay less attention and the next thing we know our count is off. I'm all for adjusting the pattern when possible to avoid frogging. Most of the time no one can tell, and after I while I'll even forget I had to adjust something.
Sue

CritterLady62 said...

I love your WIPs. The LK pattern looks great with the color changes.
The African lady looks very good. I love the vibrant colors.

Dawn said...

Both WIP's look great!

Kajsa said...

They both look great! Can't wait to see more of your African lady, those colors are pretty.

Congratulations on your Salem finish too!

Jaimie said...

Love your WIP's. The lady is beautiful and your valentine one reminds me that I have not started on mine yet! So much to do!

tkdchick said...

I think the nice thing about LK designs is that you wan work with what floss you have on hand not what's listed.