Thursday, January 10, 2008

A couple of wip's ...



African Lady



Be Mine



Happy New Year again to everyone! Thanks so much for all the comments on my previous post. They are as always so very much appreciated. Here are my two current wip's. I have been working on these pretty much the last week or so. The first is African Lady by Bleu de Soie. You can see a picture of what she will look like finished here . This is a French designer I discovered in my eternal quest for patterns. I am stitching her on 32 ct. apple brown bindy and she seems to be flowing quite well. I hope to finish her soon, but I am beginning to feel the pull of other's-lol.

The second piece is be mine by Lizzie Kate. I find myself in a Valentine's kind of mood here so I have wanted to stitch Valentine related things. Now this is a sweet little design that has caused me no end of trouble. I am having issues with counting again-lol. I had to compensate on the right side some-but I refused to frog. So, don't look too hard. The border actually worked out okay. I have made some changes in color on this one. The heart was supposed to be done in WDW love, but is done in CC prickly pear. The word Valentine was supposed to be done in purple haze and I changed that to CC plum paisley. I also changed the ribbon on the flower to WDW aqua. My last change on this piece involves the border. The pattern calls for WDW linen, but I like the bolder look and I am using GAST cranberry. I think it looks okay. What do you think?

Hope the rest of your week is a great one and happy stitching!