Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Summer Feast Cubed!






Here is summer feast by Praiseworthy Stitches cubed. It originally started out as a top for a wooden box but slippery scissors Sharon (say that three times real fast!) made a cutting error. So as Gunnery Sgt. Highway says overcome, adapt and improvise!

So, I was able to make a cube, all I can say is whew! I thought I had ruined my stitching. I am not too happy with the back-as I didn't pull it taunt enough-but I can live with it. It is for me anyway. I think it came out okay. I must admit I wasn't too wild about the first set of birds that came out. Remember the little yellow chicks having their dinner? But each sucessive one I have liked. So much so that below I have started winter bird delight. The colors are so pretty and I am doing it on old country blue linen-which looks a little like periwinkle-just lighter.



Thanks for all the lovely comments on my pinkeep. They are very much appreciated! I got an email from Vonna saying my winter exchange is on the way-I can't wait! Have a great week!

21 comments:

Stitch Wizard said...

Your little cube is really pretty!! Wow you did a fantastic job on that!! I wish I was better at the finishing skills. I want to learn some of them this year! You really did a great job on it and I also love the new pattern by Praiseworthy Stitches. I am a huge bird lover and I can't wait to see your progress!! Thank you for the encouraging words at the dentist. I am a bit nervous!! Debby :)

J Rae said...

Sharon, your cube looks great! Love the ribbon color.

Your new stitch looks like it is starting well. Can't wait to see your progress. Love the fabric color.

Have a great week!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Everything is very lovely.

Bine said...

The cube looks adorable. It is so cute.
And a great start as well....can't wait to see more.

Barbara said...

Great cube!

Like you, I've enjoyed this series more as it has progressed.

Annemarie said...

I completely agree with you re. these Praiseworthy birdie designs! These look stunning, and I think you did a great job finishing this as a cube! Soooo lovely...

cathymk said...

What a lovely finish! Congratulations Sharon! I've been collecting this series too. I really like Winter bird delight - yours will look lovely on the fabric you have selected.

tkdchick said...

VAlliant effort at rescuing your work!

Dianne said...

Very sweet and I'm glad you rescued it! I hate when that happens. I usually make things too short.

stitcherw said...

Very cute finish. I don't have any in the series yet. However, Winter Bird is really calling my name.
Sue

Sachiko said...

Gougous Cube!!!
And your blue linen fabric is beautiful!I like this color!
Then,I give you an award on my blog. This award is giving for my favorite blogs which are source of happiness and inspiration. Congratulations for this award Sharon.

monique said...

I like the winter bird... I may have to put that one on my list :)

Great cube finish (as always!) I love that ribbon you used on it.

Dawn B. said...

Your cube looks great, Like the new WIP.

CritterLady62 said...

Your cube looks great. I'm glad you could finish it somehow and that your stitching wasn't lost. Good job!

Sonda in OR said...

The cube looks good! I'm afraid of my own scissors, too. Maybe that's why I have such a big to-finish pile. Heehee.

Von said...

Nice save, Sharon!! Your cube finish is inspired. :D

Sam said...

What a lovely finish Sharon - it's so pretty! :o)

Novice Stitcher said...

This is really inspiring, Sharon. I recently made my first pinkeep but have not been ready to try something else. Now maybe I will. It's so helpful to see others learn how to do things. Thanks for sharing!

Yuko said...

Your cube looks great!
And what a gorgeous ribbon on top!

Michelle said...

Your cube turned out so cute - this little bird series is growing on me.

Clarkey said...

I love the cube and the pattern. The backing fabric matches perfectly. You did a wonderful job.