Saturday, April 05, 2008

African Woman Finished!



Finally finished African Woman the other day! So, a little dancing here in Florida! I don't know why I was dragging my feet about doing her feet!LOL I finished her in my Tuesday night stitching group. Hi to Sherri if you are reading this post! Anyway, she is by French designer Bleu de Soie . This designer does quite a few things-not just ethnic designs. So, you should take a look see-you may find something you like! AW is done on 32 count apple brown bindy with dmc thread. The lovely thing about her she is done with full cross stitches. The next picture is also by the same designer and it's the design I going to stitch as the companion piece to AW. This is African woman and child. I haven't quite decided on the fabric for her yet. So she is not started! Could I have been that skinny after childbirth?



This next piece is by another French designer called Corinne Leroy and the pattern is called African Beauties. I only have a little to show as I just started. They are being done on Silkweaver limited edition 32 ct tawny sparkle. A lovely creamy opalescent with mottled rose or mauve through it. It is being stitched with dmc variations 4130.



Now, if you are still here reading, this month I will have been blogging for two years on the seventeenth of April. So, on the tenth I will post a couple of giveaways with the winners being drawn on my blog anniversary date. So be on the lookout for that! Have a great week and happy stitching!

42 comments:

Teejay said...

You picked a great fabric to stitch her on and I just love the designs in her dress and her wide hips give the piece such perspective. Great work!

cathymk said...

she's beautiful Sharon! Lovely work!

Alison said...

Love your African woman, Sharon! Happy 2nd blog anniversary. :)

xstitch.nl said...

Congrats on your African Woman, Sharon, she's beautiful! Love your new projects, especially the African Beauties.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Lovely finish it is! I can not wait to see the other projects started. Lovely! Wow 2 years blogging? I am getting close as well.

Itching To Stitch said...

Congratulations on your finish, she is beautiful ;)

Andrea said...

Congratulations on a wonderful finish.

Redwitch said...

Congrats on a great finish, love her curves! The campanion piece will look lovely with her :)

stitcherw said...

She turned out great, congratulations on your finish. Your other two will be lovely as well. What a great companion piece you found with the mother and child, and that tawny fabric will make the reds just pop on African Beauties.
Sue

Lisa said...

Congratulations she's stunning!

Karin said...

Lovely finish! Congrats.

Karoline said...

She's lovely Sharon, congratulations

Pumpkin said...

What a spectacular finish Sharon! I love the fabric you stitched her on :o)

Thanks for visiting my Blog and I hope you'll come back soon!

J Rae said...

Sharon, she looks great!!!

Kim B said...

It turned out beautifully! And I wish I could be that skinny after childbirth too :) I hope you can start your companion piece soon. I would like to see the two of them completed side by side.

Almost 2 years?! Wow! Congrats!

Lia said...

hi!
What beautiful work!
Congratulations, congratulations!

: D

Carol said...

Yay Sharon - congratulations!

Meari said...

Woo Hoo! Congrats on your finish. :)

Ruth said...

Congratulations on a stunning finish!!! And congratulations on nearing your anniversary :) We're all the richer fro your blogging. :)

Lillie said...

Congrads, they are all very elegant.

Sachiko said...

Congrats on your African Woman!!Very beautiful lady!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations on finishing AW! She looks great :) Love the colours of African Beauties - great start so far :)

Shelleen said...

congrats on the finish

Terry said...

Great work; congrats on the finish!

Bronzemom said...

Sharon! She's beautiful!

Barbara said...

Awesome projects, Sharon! What a great selection of designs and designers! And a huge congratulations on your happy dance!! :D

Chelle said...

Great finish, Sharon! She looks beautiful on that fabric. Nice choice!

Dawn said...

AW looks amazing! Congrats:)

Von said...

Sharon, I really enjoyed this latest finish of yours! When you finish the companion piece, you'll have a wonderful art display. :)

Novice Stitcher said...

This is fabulous! I have really enjoyed seeing her come to life. And I love the name of the fabric you chose (not to mention the fabric itself). Great job!

Lelia said...

YAY! congrats on your beautiful finish -- looks like you have another wonderful projects to launch.

Isabelle said...

Wow Sharon! Congratulations on your beautiful finish.
And, congratulations on the anniversary! :)

Bliss said...

I love your lady. I look forward to the next project.

Margaret said...

What a wonderful finish Sharon. Congrats!! Looking forward to seeing the start of your companion piece.

Hazel said...

A fab finish! Love the fabric too - it really compliments the design. xx

Sonda in OR said...

Dance away! It's a lovely finish! I look forward to seeing its companion.

Bette said...

Your ladies are lovely!

Ranae said...

Congrats! Africian Woman is gorgeous. The colors come together so nice. I dont think anyone is that skinny after childbirth,lol.
Nice start.

Michelle said...

African Woman is gorgeous - I love the colors. She looks great on that fabric too. And you've got some great new starts to work on as well! Congrats!

Heidi said...

Congrats she's beautiful!

Winnell said...

I am looking for patterns of african american couple, do you have any leads............

Kyra said...

Lovely ladies! The pattern reminds me of a quilt recently on view at the Uhuru Quilters show in Maryland - just outside of DC.

Best, Kyra
www.BlackThreads.blogspot.com