Friday, July 04, 2008

Scatter Freedom ......



and peace. A very apt saying for this independence day.I hope everyone has had a wonderful day today if you are celebrating the holiday. I have been busy with the kids most of the day and only finished this tonight. I had hoped to finish it yesterday-but better late than never right? This was a fun quick stitch done on 19 count flax with the recommended Crescent colors. Though the dreaded frogs visited me a couple of times on this and I had to make an adjustment in the border(sigh)-so it's my own little unique piece. I plan on finishing this into a cube. I am hoping Shepherd's Bush will do a scatter love for Valentine's-for some reason I can totally picture that.

Anyway, now I need to finish Cappuccino by LHN. I am close on that. I want to stitch all six-but every time I say something like that then it doesn't get done. They are so pretty though. I have also been thinking about Halloween designs too, but as usual the mind is ticking along faster than the hands. I am really looking forward to the Just Cross Stitch magazine Halloween issue! That should be pretty cool.

Up next week-my personal monochromatic exchange with Jinger from Rae of Sunshine Stitches. I hope the rest of your week is a good one-I am going to tackle the treadmill-ugh! Happy stitching.

PS: This chart is up for grabs-if more than one person is interested I will draw a name on Monday July 7th at 5 pm.

32 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Oh that is lovely! I would love to have the chart if no one else wants it! Huggles!

mercy said...

Lovely stitching Sharon :-)
Shepherd's Bush has a Scatter Hugs and Kisses...can't wait to see this finished into a cube!

libertybellepa said...

love your blog!

lori

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

What a wonderful finish. It was just in time. I would love to get this chart... Congrats.
Dawn in AZ

Olenka's Stitches said...

You've done a great job on this piece. I am looking forward to seeing it finished into a cube!
Thank you for visiting my blog.

Courtney said...

I would love this chart, it turned out beautiful!!

Concetta said...

"Scatter Freedom" is really pretty Sharon! I'm looking forward to seeing your "Cappuccino" finish too! I'm hoping to do all 6 of those (eventually) - concentrate on one at a time! ;)

Little Cat said...

It's really cute. I think it'll look lovely as a cube.

Barbara said...

GREAT finish, Sharon! I'm sure you'll find a happy home for this cute chart. I still need to get Scatter Sunshine done! I wish I could stitch with my feet!

I hope your and your family enjoyed a wonderful Independence Day!

cathymk said...

Love it Sharon!! Hope you had a fabulous Independence Day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon,

Great piece you've done there! Can I join your raffle please? Take care!

Viv (W. Australia)
sweet_angel1202@yahoo.com

Sally said...

What a fantastic finish!

monique said...

Nice finish, Sharon! Hope you had a happy 4th :)

Itching To Stitch said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish ;)

Dawn B. said...

I would love to do this one for next year. I can also see the Scatter Love. You did a great job on this one.

stitcherw said...

Lovely finish, it would look very cute as a cube. Scatter Love would be fun too, and I can totally see them doing that one. Looking forward to seeing your progress on Cappucinno, and good luck with the treadmill.
Sue

Pumpkin said...

Wonderful finish Sharon and it will look great as a cube :o)

Hope you've had a lovely long weekend.

Ruth said...

Your Scatter is lovely, Sharon! Here's to you and your speedy needles.

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

Great finish, ckngrats. This Shepherd's Bush series is really fun. Happy Stitching, CJ

Angela said...

Great finish! This will look fantastic as a cube.

Jenn said...

Great Finish! It will make a great cube

Tina Rubin said...

I love your stuff. I've been lurking on your blog (and many other cross-stitch blogs) for some time. I cross-stitch, but I'm scared to death of linen. (Hey, there's a name for my (future) blog!)

I just picked up a couple of Shepherd's Bush charts--I'd love to have Scatter Freedom also. Thanks.

J Rae said...

Sharon, I love this piece! It turned out great!

Meari said...

Oh, that turned out great Sharon!! Congrats on your finish. :D

Please include me in the drawing :)

Bets said...

That piece looks really nice! Glad you are finding stitch time with the kids off school :)

Wow, I guess Halloween will be here before we know it, what a great idea.

Vonna said...

What a sweet, sweet finish Sharon! :)

staci said...

Very cute!

Paisley said...

Beautiful stitching, Sharon!

tkdchick said...

Congrats on your finish Sharon!

Kyra said...

Just stumbled onto your blog! Look forward to visiting in the future. I like this piece. I'm a quilter and have been interested in quilts related to this 2008 US Presidential season. You can see a few related posts on my blog. Are you considering any cross stitch pattern for this election season?

Best, Kyra
www.BlackThreads.blogspot.com

Stitching Mama said...

Beautiful work!

Julianne said...

Sharon,

Great job on "Scatter Freedom" It looks like it was a lot of fun to stitch.