Wednesday, October 15, 2008

SOHM Flat Fold and a tag....




This is shine on harvest moon by Monsterbubbles. I finished it into a flat fold today. I used an ethnic print fabric that had some autumn like colors in it and it had colors that were similar to the stitched piece. I think it turned out pretty good. I had the hardest time with the bow-just could not settle on one-so I went with the raffia bow. Who knows that may change. Otherwise nothing else going on here. I have been stitching and I am currently trying to finish up hocus pocus by Lizzie Kate. I have been busy with the kids too-8th grade math is terrorizing me along with 6th grade science-LOL

Dianne at Dianne Rambling On tagged with me-so here we go. I won't tag anyone but if you want to play please feel free!

# 1 These are the rules for this meme:
# 2 Link to the person who tagged you.
# 3 Post the rules on your blog.
# 4 Write six random things/unspectacular quirks about yourself.
# 5 Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
# 6 Let each person you have tagged know by leaving a comment on their blog.
# 7 Let the tagger know when your entry is posted.

Six random things about me:

1. I am currently obsessed with Criminal Minds, watching the first season on DVD for the second time around in the last month-Shemar Moore gives me heart palpitations-LOL
2. I am addicted to Etsy -I visit it daily and drool.
3. All of a sudden I started disliking going to the movies-I can wait till it comes out on DVD.
4. I am the oldest of 3 girls.
5. I like the outdoors, but I absolutely hate yard work.
6. I was born in Greenville, South Carolina

33 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

I love Harvest Moon. I love Monster Bubbles. Why haven't I stitched any? That will have to be remedied. :)

Ranae said...

AHHHH!!! Sharon you sent me this freebie and I haven't finished stitching it yet. I better get a crackin' on it. I better go look for it first, lol.
The finishing is awesome.
I love esty too

Kathy A. said...

That is so neat. I love the bright colors. Nice Job

Barbara said...

Don't tell my better half, but Shemar Moore gives me heart palpitations, too. ;0

I really like how you've made this design into a flatfold. I have it, from way back, but as I had absolutely no idea how to finish-finish it, I haven't even started stitching it. Maybe now ... :D

Trixie said...

I always love looking at your stitching but ... Shemmmmmmar. Mmm hm. Him and Jason Momoa. Yup. You got good taste Sharon. Stitching and men.

Ya know what I've gotten attached to in the last few weeks is Boston Legal. I can't believe I've never seen it and I absolutely love it.

Michelle

J Rae said...

Cool piece! Love the fabric on the back! :-)

Thanks for your sharing the random things about you.

diadsie said...

Great flatfold! I think the raffia ties in well with the design and fabric. Maybe you could add some beads to it?
Thanks for doing the tag session. I think it's neat you have 3 sisters since I have 3 brothers and no sisters. : )
And Shemar-holy crikes-I have mentioned him in my blog once too. He's sure not hard on the eyes.
Have fun with the math and science! My son did okay with math (thank goodness)but still needs help with papers and I proof them for him. See it goes on and on....

diadsie said...

Opps-I see you have 2 sisters. Still jealous. : )
Dianne

Karin said...

What a great flat fold - I love the finishing fabric too.

Lili said...

This is a beautiful design and your finishing is amazing, as always!!!
I need some advice as to finishing when you have time...
I love those tags, they're very interesting. I haven't seen any Criminal Minds yet but I've heard a lot of good things about the series. I watch NCIS, Lost and Heroes... And also Masters of Horror... Lol!
HUgs!
Lili
PS: I'll try this link towards Etsy.

Sally said...

Love your Monsterbubbles piece and you finished it so beautifully.

Olenka's Stitches said...

Your flat fold is so neat! I love the raffia bow you made, just perfect for this pattern.

Dawn B. said...

Very nice finish ..The colors all blend together very nice. I would leave the raffia bow.

Von said...

Love your flatfold, Sharon! And I'm the oldest of three girls too. :D

Courtney said...

I will arm wrestle you for Shemar!!!

monique said...

Nice finish, Sharon! The raffia bow looks great :)

CritterLady62 said...

I love your flat fold, especially the backing fabric. My son's 8th grade math takes me a while to check as well. Of course, it doesn't help that he tries to write everything on one line in microscopic type, LOL.

Bette said...

The finishing fabric you chose is perfect for the design. It's beautiful. As for 8th grade math, that was always my DH's dept.

Mary said...

Great job Sharon!
Mary :-)

Karoline said...

Cute flat-fold Sharon, congratulations

stitcherw said...

Very cute finish. What bright, fun colors, and your finishing of it looks great. Looking forward to seeing your progress on Hocus Pocus, that is a fun piece as well.
Sue

Pumpkin said...

Super finish Sharon! I love the fabric you used :o)

Cindy F. said...

You did a great job matching the fabric with the stitches! Cute flat fold!

Annemarie said...

I love your choice of fabric for finishing this fabulous FABULOUS design! Great work, Sharon.

Meari said...

Great facts about you, Sharon. It's always fun to read these things. :) Congrats on the FF finish.

Michelle said...

Hi sweetie! I love the flat fold. Very lovely. ASnd very interesting tidbits about you too.

Lillie said...

The backing fabric is lovely, a good choice to go with the design and you finished it beautifully.

Carolyn said...

Sharon,
Love the finish and especially the fabric. Perfect for it.

Julianne said...

Sharon,

I LOVE your flatfold and that backing fabric is spectacular.

Sonda in OR said...

That's a wonderful finish!!

Lisa said...

I think your backing fabric matched in perfectly, i love flatfolds, they are my favourite finish. I also have used raffia on a finish aswell and think it looks great.
Great job!
LISA V

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a colourful finish!

Lennu said...

It's a great finish! I think the backing fabric goes so well together with the design colours.