Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sweet Spot



This is what I call my little sweet spot here at home. My buffet full of cross stitch (we won't discuss all those other things overflowing at my bedside-LOL) I love to rearrange things on here and putter through my stash in it's various drawer's. It is an ever changing little space which makes me happy. Another thing that makes me happy is that spring has SPRUNG! I couldn't resist these vibrant daisies from the store the other day. They make me happy just to look at them and y'all know I like lots of color.;) Can you tell I am happy today? I hope it's contagious.



Here they are up close-aren't they pretty?



I tried my hand at some fabric dying. I started with just one color. It is a little bit more blue IRL. But, I think I could really like this. I dyed this just a simple blue. I have been inspired by Nicole of Nicole's Needlework finish of Sea to Shining Sea on her blue fabric (that was by Lakeside Linens). So, when I get a chance to purchase the patterns this piece of fabric will be used for that. I tell you I about need to stop visiting her site-because every time I go she makes me want to stitch something new!



This last picture is a lucky win I managed on the bay of evil. Blackbird Designs Winter Delivery. I was really surprised that I won but happy (there's that word again). Thanks for the comments on my African Beauties, they are coming along slowly. I am currently finishing my spring exchange for dear Myrna and I'm a little late with that. So, look for that next. I finished my work classes- they were a tad stressful. Now, maybe I can relax and get busy stitching. Got to run-thanks for stopping by.

28 comments:

Kim B said...

I love your buffet decor Sharon! What a beautiful display! And I'm loving those flowers!

Julianne said...

Sharon,

Your display is so pretty! I just love the picture of the lady with flowers on her hat. I can see that you like deep colors like purples and reds.

Enjoy the spring and thank you for sharing your happiness with us.

CindyMae said...

I just love your little happy area!! That is a gorgeous display!! Thank you for spreading that happiness around!!

Ranae said...

Lovely display. I love the color of your wall. I must really get some color in this house like that,lol.
Bay of evil... I like that, it is too funny.
Get some relaxful stitching in.

Erin said...

Oh, Sharon, I love your buffet....and all that color! It is to die for. Unfortunately, my DH thinks "eggshell" is the perfect color for....everything... *sigh*

Lucy said...

Awesome colors in your sweet spot!!! You are quite the decorator!!

Olenka's Stitches said...

I love the way to arranged you cross stitch pieces, it's really very impressive. And your daisies are so pretty.

Carolyn NC said...

I love your "sweet spot"! So pretty and nicely done. Flowers are gorgeous. Nice chart and great dyeing job!

Lillie said...

Nice and pretty display. Your fabric dying looks good. Loved the BD chart. Happy Spring time, enjoy.

minpinmom said...

I love your little pretty spot. And I love your happy mood too! Your try at dyeing came out very well I think. I really like that blue shade.

cathymk said...

What a lovely space! I love your daisies - such a wonderful colour!

You've got some great stitching plans - looking forward to following your progress.

Brigitte said...

I love your little corner. And I love the daisies you bought to celebrate spring. I'd like to see flowers in the garden but none so far. Enjoy your blue fabric and your BBD win!

mainely stitching said...

I love your buffet and the lovely display. :D Nice to have a spot like that, isn't it? And yes, your enthusiasm is contagious. :D

Bets said...

What a nice area! Your "sweet spot" is a great idea to add happiness :) I will have to find one in my home!

Nicole said...

Sharon, you are too funny! I'm sorry I'm such an enabler! LOL! Great ebay find! :)

Annemarie said...

Oh Sharon, your happiness IS contagious, and looking at that beautiful buffet, with all the gorgeous stitching and all the vibrant colours I can see where you got your mood from :o)
May I ask how you painted that fabric?? It looks just perfect!

Meari said...

Your buffet is beautiful, Sharon. Congrats on your evil bay (lol) win.

Von said...

It's lovely of you to share your joy with us, Sharon. Spring's arrival is a little bit late in my neck of the woods, so seeing all the color and flowers and stitching brightens my day. And now that your classes are fini, get yourself to your stitching chair. :D

Dianne said...

That's a great name for your display! It's so colorful and interesting to look at.
Great job at hand dyeing too-maybe I'll be inspired.

mymarkdesigns said...

I love your colorful spot, Sharon! How cheery :)

Pumpkin said...

You have a beautiful spot there Sharon! And yes, those flowers sure do brighten a day :o)

Lovely fabric! I'm not so sure you should have given that link to Nicole's Blog though. LOL!

Congrats on your win!

theslowstitcher said...

Your sweet spot is just lovely! The flowers are so beautiful too. I love gerberas. :)

stitcherw said...

What a fun display, and the flowers look wonderful. Nice job on the dying, the fabric will be wonderful for Sea. Your BBD piece is great too, nice win. I hadn't seen that one before, it will be lovely. Will you dye the fabric for it as well?
Sue

Redwitch said...

Thanks for your kind wishes Sharon!

I have some bright pink flowers the same as your orange ones, that a couple of friends in work gave me, they are really cheerful aren't they?

Bay of evil - I like that, not heard it called that before, but so true! LOL :)

Hazel said...

Lovely bright colourful sweet spot! Great win too. You've some lovely finishes recently. xx

Margaret said...

Sorry it has been so long since I dropped by Sharon. I don't know where the first months of 2009 have gone.

I love your stitching area. It looks so welcoming and happy. Would love to come by and stitch with you there.

Oh my - you actually bought 'Winter Delivery'. I tried to get it on ebay (you are so right to call it the bay of evil) several times but the price just skyrocketed and I dropped out. It is such a wonderful pattern though and I look forward to seeing you stitch it.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Kajsa said...

That is such a nice display! Lots of colors, I love that.

Congrats on winning the Loose Feather, it's a cute one, I love that fabric that they picked for this design.

lena-lou said...

Aww my comment on this posting must have got lost, I love how your buffet looks with all your stitchy pieces, nice display !
Take care :)