Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Let's Hear It for The Ladies!



Finally, they are finished! Did that about 5:30 am this morning when I could not sleep! Not the best picture-no matter how I try I can't capture the color of the linen very well. In fact this picture looks a little 3-D. The details are as follows: Beautes d'Afrique by Corinne Leroy done on 30 count(I think)straw WDW linen in DMC variations thread #4130. I tell you the frogs were relentless on this one. My highlighter and I were buddies because if I didn't mark where I was a fubar was in the making-LOL. Now I need to work on an exchange and I hear a UFO yelling at me-Quaker Garden of which I am halfway finished. So, we will see where I get with that!

Thanks to all of you for the birthday wishes! You all know how to make a girl blush and feel very special! Have a great day!

28 comments:

Daffycat said...

Pretty, pretty! Love the colors!

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Congrats on the finish. THey look great.

Kim B said...

Congrats!!! They're beautiful!

Karoline said...

Congratulations Sharon, they look lovely

Olenka's Stitches said...

They Are beauties, Sharon! Congrats on the wondeful finish!

Dawn said...

It's beautiful, Sharon!! Congrats on a great finish!:)

Cindy F. said...

Congrats Sharon! Very pretty finish!

Carolyn NC said...

And they are beautiful - great job!

Tama said...

oooooooooo! pretty!

minpinmom said...

Sounds like you had a herd of frogs!!! LOL! Not fun at all. They look lovely I think!

Juls said...

Simply lovely!!!!

Sally said...

Congratulations Sharon. They look fantastic!

Ranae said...

The ladies are so pretty in red
Congrats!

Meari said...

Woo Hoo! Congrats on your finish!!

Goldie said...

That turned out beautiful! Love the color thread you chose! Happy Be-lated birthday!

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

It's so vibrant, just lovely. Congrats on the finish. CJ ok;-)

Mylene said...

A great finish. Congrats!!

CindyMae said...

Beautiful finish! They look gorgeous!

CritterLady62 said...

I love the ladies.

Carla said...

Great finish, Sharon! Congrats!!!

Siobhan said...

Beautiful work, Sharon!! I love the thread color--perfect for a monochrome piece!

Belated happy birthday wishes--very belated! I don't know how I missed your previous post. I'm LOLing about your 'chunky chocolate glory'. ROFLOL. ;) I'm glad you had a good day!

Can't wait to see what you decide to work on next!

Bets said...

Just lovely! Now, how are you going to frame them? :)

Brigitte said...

Oh Sharon, what an adorable finish. Congratulations!

Sam said...

They're gorgeous ladies Sharon - what a lovely vibrant colour you chose!

stitcherw said...

Your ladies turned out wonderfully, what a lovely color.
Sue

Bette said...

Your ladies are lovely. What a great finish!

DaisyGirl said...

What are you calling chunky? You look beautiful to me! As my hubby says curvylious! I'm so glad that Jason is thru with high school, the Good Lord knows what I went thru, here's hoping that Jacob's graduation this coming year won't kill. (Yes, I have to repeat all this as Jacob is a senior now! What was I thinking having kids so close together? Ugg!
Hoping you have a wonderful day! Cross stitch looks great by the way!
DaisyGirl

Pumpkin said...

Beautiful Sharon! Congrats on the finish :o)