Tuesday, December 08, 2009

A Little Ornament Finishing




Finally got around to finishing up these ornaments which believe it or not have been laying around for close to three years. Yes, you are reading that right! This year I finally got a smaller Christmas tree just for my cross stitched ornaments-something I had been wanting to do for a long time. First up is Noel Birdhouse by Brittercup Designs, second is Snow Joe by Heart in Hand and third is Folk Art Topiary by Brown House Studio. The second picture is of course the backing material. Folk Art was hard to match with those peachy colors so I gave it a little bit of ethnic flair.

Snow Joe is somewhat off center as I wasn't paying attention when I picked up the scrap fabric to stitch him on-so I didn't have enough fabric to center him but as always he is uniquely mine-LOL I am pleased with the way they turned out. I have maybe two or three more to completely finish and then I will work on trying to add more for next year. I did finish Santa's Buddies from this year's issue for an ornament exchange but forgot to take a picture and I am currently working on Prairie Schooler ornament for a gift. Hope to have that completed tomorrow! It's a dreary rainy day here in Florida~perfect to stay in and stitch. As always thank you for stopping by to visit me! Have a great week!

26 comments:

Nancy said...

Your ornaments are so very pretty! Enjoy stitching today. We have rain, but I'm cleaning - UGH!

Andrea said...

They are all great Sharon! Good job!

mainely stitching said...

Gorgeous finishing, and I feel so relieved reading that I am not the only one who has a stitched ornament that hasn't been finished for over a year. LOL!!

Claire said...

Wow lots of great finishes.

J Rae said...

Sharon, they are beautiful!!!

Kathy A. said...

Love those little ornaments. I love your little off center Santa. That's the way I am most days lol.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Sharon you did a lovely job!

Mylene said...

Lovely ornaments, Sharon. Great job!

Carolyn NC said...

Great finishes!

Pumpkin said...

Great job on them all Sharon! If you want to balance out your Snow Joe, you could always add a bird or snowflake button :o)

Terry said...

Very pretty finishes!

Kim B said...

Beautiful! Congrats Sharon!

Irene said...

Very nice finishes !

Kim @ Everything Etsy said...

How beautiful! I haven't done cross stitch in awhile, but I love it! :)

Kim

Michelle said...

Your ornaments are so pretty! Congrats on the finishing!

Siobhan said...

Beautiful ornaments, Sharon! Congrats.

stitcherw said...

You've been busy, they all look wonderful. My favorite is Birdhouse by Brittercup, I love their designs.
Sue

Brigitte said...

These ornaments are so lovely, and beautifully finished. You can be really proud of them.

Hazel said...

Great finishes! xx

Lili said...

Amazing finishes. I love them!!!
Enjoy the season!
Lots of hugs to you and the kiddoes,
Lili

CritterLady62 said...

Great job on your ornies. Funny, I didn't notice the off center snowman until you mentioned it. Funny how we always see our mistakes in a glaring light and others many times won't notice. I have a few ornies partially done that have been sitting in the closet close to 10 yrs. I'm a much better stitcher now, so I really should pull out the set and finish them up. Someday. . .

Lillie said...

The ornies are lovely and the backing fabrics too.

Merry Christmas to you and family

Lelia said...

They are beautiful Sharon!

Robin said...

Great ornaments!!!

Meari said...

Great finishes, Sharon. The Santa pinkeep turned out beautifully, too!

Juanita said...

You did a great job on the ornament finishing. LOVE the fabric you used on the back of the little tree.