Friday, April 23, 2010


This is Live Simply by Stone and Thread. I just love these little patterns. It was stitched on 30 count WDW gold. This actually was a little kit that came with Valdani threads but I hated the thread. I could never get the thread to lay right and it just generally looked yucky, so I restarted this piece using GAST and WDW thread and was more pleased with the result! This and Live Humbly will be framed. Life otherwise is pretty boring, which I guess is a good thing. I and the kids are more than ready for school to be over with. No more early days and no more homework.

Currently, I am stitching on a Heart in Hand pattern called XOXO. I will soon be finished as it's a small pattern. It is for my Valentine ornament tree of which I am laboring under the delusion that I will be able to have next year! Ha! I guess I can dream! As always, thanks for you continued visits. Have a great weekend.

25 comments:

Olenka's Stitches said...

Sharon,
This is such a sweet finish,
Congrats!

Nancy said...

Live Simply is just beautiful!

Good for you stitching for next year's Valentine tree!

MrsB said...

A cute little finish!

Shari said...

so cute!!!! You are causing me trouble here!!!! I loved the other one you did & now I see this one...too cute

Kathy A. said...

Pretty little stitch!

Siobhan said...

That's a sweet little finish, Sharon! Congrats. Enjoy your weekend!

Carolyn NC said...

Very cute - love this design!

mainely stitching said...

It's a darling finish, Sharon!

Bets said...

Very nice :) That's my motto too!

Sally said...

Very pretty finish Sharon :)

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That is adorable!

staci said...

Darling finish, I love it!

Bette said...

Such a pretty little design! I like stitching those cause it makes me feel like I've accomplished something.

Pumpkin said...

Lovely finish Sharon :o) I especially like the fabric you chose.

Lillie said...

A cute finish. The BC Rowmance is lovely as well.

Lili said...

Simply irresistible. Love the colours both fibers and fabric.
This is a cozy, pleasant house.
Looking forward to the next holiday too, but that'll take another two long months now...

Kajsa said...

Great finish! Love the linen!

Andrea said...

Oh, I love this Sharon, so cute!

I don't think I've ever stitched with the Valdani, but there is some in my stash, it's for a punch needle project. Maybe punching with it won't give me any problems...hope not!

Happy Mother's Day!
xoxo

Lili said...

Happy Mother's day, Sharon!
Hugs,
Lili

Brigitte said...

A very lovely little piece. It looks gorgeous on the fabric colour.

Joy said...

Adorable finish!! Looking forward to what's next!

Stitch Wizard said...

What an adorable and beautiful finish Sharon!! Congratulations!!

lenna said...

Sharon ~ I like both of your House stitches. Live Humbly and Live Simply. You did a great job on them.
I also went to that website and ordered me the Summer House pattern. Thanks for telling me about it.
Thanks also for visiting my blog I appreciate it so much.
Those Valdini threads are something aren't they? I have some and I find they fray so much you really have to be careful that does not knot up on you.
Love your blog and your work.
God Bless your stitching fingers ~
Lenna

stitcherw said...

Lovely finish, this is such a great series. Looking forward to seeing your new project.
Sue

Meari said...

It turned out really nice. Congrats on your finish.