Friday, April 09, 2010

Bent Creek's Rowmance Finish



Finished up Bent Creek's Rowmance today. It was stitched on 30 count Old Mill Java with GAST and WDW threads. I changed the flowers from blue to a pink and used a different red than the pattern called for. I also placed a bee button instead of stitching the bee on the pattern. Thanks for that suggestion Jinger! It was very easy and fun to stitch.



I received a couple of awards. The first is Sunshine Blogger Award from Jinger and Jackie . Thanks so much ladies!



I also received an award from Bette . The Beautiful Blogger award. Thank you Bette!

Now here are the following things to do to accept this award.
1. Thank the person who gave it to you.
2. Paste the award on your blog.
3. Link to the person who gave you the award.
4. List 10 interesting things about yourself. (I am not that interesting!)
5. Pass the award on to 10 blogs and link to them.

1. I love NCIS, I watch it any chance I get! I also love The Closer, Criminal Minds, NCIS: LA, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Law and Order: CI, In Plain Sight
2. I am an avid TV watcher obviously as noted in #1
3. I love reading
4. I will celebrate 20 years of nursing this year
5. I love antiques and wish I owned more!
6. I collect old teacups and coffee cups of any kind
7. I am a girly girl, I love makeup, purses, perfume and all girl things. I carried a purse in first grade!
8. I am a very casual person
9. I was a debutante and was presented to society when I was 17.
10.Did I say, I love Mark Harmon?

Now ten blogs to share this with! I am inspired by all blogs-but I can only list ten!

Mainely Stitching

Notes from Blue Hen Hollow

Deep Fried Cupcake

Stitch by Stitch

Lovely in Chocolate

Pretty Little Corners

Carolina Stitcher

Pumpkin Patch and Co.

Stitchful Thinking

Kajsaa's Stitching and More

21 comments:

Nancy said...

Rowmance is just beautiful! I love your color changes.

Thank you so much for sharing your award with me. You're a sweetheart!

dixiesamplar said...

What beautiful finishes you have been sharing with us lately! You have been busy!

Love the blog...enjoy seeing what you have accomplished.

HAPPY STITCHIN'
Terri

MrsB said...

A beautiful finish! I love the Bent Creek rows, and this is another for my wishlist...

Mylene said...

Your Bent Creek's finish looks lovely!

Congrats on the awards!!

Carolyn NC said...

Beautiful finish! And congrats on the awards. I'm with you BTW on NCIS - love it, love it!

Pumpkin said...

What a lovely finish Sharon! It's the first I've seen of that one.

Congrats on your awards! And thank you for giving one to me but I'm not accepting awards anymore. I do hope you understand and I will understand if you want to pass it along to someone else. It means a lot that you thought of me though :o)

CindyMae said...

Gorgeous finish!! Congrats on the awards!

J Rae said...

So glad I could be of help! :-) Your Rowmance looks wonderful!

Love NCIS!!!

Brigitte said...

A very beautiful finish!

Lili said...

Live Humbly and Romance are so beautiful! And you have a beautiful family. I wish I could share pics of my kids too but they all refuse in the house... :(((
Well deserved awards, I believe, Lady.
Hugs!
Lili

Siobhan said...

Congratulations on an adorable finish, Sharon! I love it.

Congrats, too, on the award, and thanks for sharing it with me. I love Criminal Minds--love love love it--and The Closer! I also enjoy NCIS but everybody in my family hates it (my kids refer to it as "that gay show you & Nana like", LOL), so I try to catch it when I'm on my own. I love me some Gibbs!!

Scattered Threads said...

Congrats on the awards Sharon! Your crosstitch piece is beautiful and of course I like the color changes in pinks and reds. Beautiful Sharon. What is on your frame next?
Jackie.

mainely stitching said...

Thank you for mentioning me, Sharon!

I'm interested to hear of your teacup collection. Share a photo, please!! :D

WONDERFUL finish!

Sally said...

Wow Rowmance is a beautiful finish!

Kathy A. said...

Rowmance looks lovely finished. What wonderful things to learn about you.
20 years of nursing - Congratulations. I have meant some of the nicest people ever in hospitals and they have been nurses. You are all very special people.

Meari said...

Enjoyed reading facts about you. :)

Congrats on your finish. It's really pretty.

Margaret said...

You have been so busy stitching while I was away. My absolute favorite is the 'Quaker Garden'.

Great picture of your lovely children.

Bette said...

Love your Rowance finish. It's so pretty.

Olenka's Stitches said...

Congratulations on your lovely finish, I love your changes in the pattern - it's a great way to personalize the project.

Kajsa said...

Thank you for the awards! I'm so behind due to my classes, I'm just now trying to catch up on my favorite blogs. Love the Rowmance finish (isn't that a neat name for that design?).

Andrea said...

Romance Row is just awesome! I'm never drawn to these until I see one stitched up!! So cute!!

Thanks for the award, you are too sweet! I'm behind on my blog reading, so I'm sorry I didn't say thanks earlier.

xoxo