Saturday, October 09, 2010

Spring Fling Finish



I finished up Spring Fling by Blackbird Designs today. It's Loose Feather's Number 13. I used the recommended 30 count Glen Ellyn Blend fabric with Gentle Arts threads. This makes sampler number 5 for my wall. I did have a dye lot issue with my dried thyme and avocado, was able to work out the avocado but unable to fix the thyme which is a little annoying.

Coming up next is retreat and I have started several new projects which are Old Settlement, Halloween ABC's and Halloween Garden. I am hoping to start Jenny Bean's Friendship Sampler. I am also in the process of kitting up This is Christmas by RTR.

Thanks for all the fantastic comments on my framing. My favorite would have to be Quaker Garden out of them all, with ROWmance running a close second.

Also, stay tuned for a stitchy giveaway to celebrate my 20th year of nursing! Have a blessed weekend!

21 comments:

J Rae said...

Sharon, it looks beautiful! :-)

KarenV said...

Lovely finish Sharon, the colours are really pretty!

Daffycat said...

A beautiful finish, Sharon! Congratulations!

Karen said...

I love the Spring Fling, it turned out beautifully! I also have noticed that the Gentle Art Dried Thyme tends to wildly different every time I buy one.

Ranae said...

Beautiful BBD!
Your new projects are dreamy

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That came out so pretty!

Sally said...

That is a gorgeous finish Sharon. I love the colours of the threads and that fabric is so pretty.

Cindy F. said...

Beautiful finish Sharon!! Congrats on 20 years of nursing too! That is AWESOME!!

Pat said...

It turned out great Sharon. I love it. Congrats to you on your 20th anniversary of nursing. Thats supper!!

Joy said...

Gorgeous finish!! Congrats!

Scattered Threads said...

It's very pretty Sharon.

Terry said...

Very pretty! I love all the stitching/frames you showed in your last post. Absolutely beautiful!! Cute cat too. ;)

Lillie said...

Congrads, a beautiful piece.

Siobhan said...

Beautiful finish, Sharon! I have mine all kitted up but haven't started it yet. I'm looking forward to seeing your JB Friendship sampler--love that design!

Barbara said...

Sharon, that's BEAUTIFUL!

Congratulations on 20 years of nursing. IMHO, they should erect a statue to your honor!

Carolyn NC said...

Very pretty!

Nancy said...

Another beautiful finish - it's lovely!

Don't you just love the colors in Olde Settlement? That's one of my favorite new designs! I'll enjoy watching you stitch it.

Congratulations on 20 years of nursing!

Olenka's Stitches said...

TSharon,
Congratulations on your 20 years of nursing!
I just love Spring Fling - one gorgeous finish!
Your framed samplers look so lovely, too!

Pumpkin said...

It's stunning Sharon!!!! You're the second person I've heard that's had problems with Dried Thyme.

Have fun at retreat :o)

Karoline said...

It's beautiful, congratulations

Patience d'Ange said...

Hello
I would like to tell you that you have made beautiful works.
Congratulation.
Sorry, my English isn't perfect !
I wisch you a good week-end.
Kiss from France