Saturday, April 09, 2011

Stash from France...


I found these two lovely African patterns from an online French cross stitch store called De Fil en Idees . They are by French designer Isabelle Vautier. She has done a series of five, I have yet to get the other 3. However, they are on my list to get because I am always trying to find ethnic patterns and I have found that the overseas designers tend to do more in that aspect. I have kitted these up, they are both done in DMC threads with some metallic accent. I have tentatively decided to do PTP fabric. I have no idea when I will start these as you can see by my previous post the project ADD continues. I think these are pretty cool. Now off to work on Magic Garden sampler, hoping you have a beautiful Sunday whatever you may be doing!

15 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Lovely new patterns. Look forward to seeing you stitch these up!

Daffycat said...

Awesome finds, Sharon. I love the lady in blue with her saucy necklace & spiky hair. I hope you can find the matching ones!

Dianne said...

These are certainly right up your alley! Can't wait to see them stitched.

Von said...

Great additions to your collection, Sharon! You'll get them stitched up one day I just know it. :D

Bets said...

I love the French designs, those will be a lot of fun to stitch!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Those are quite nice!

April Mechelle said...

I tried posting through email, but it would not go.. Hey Sharon, You had asked about a cross stitch pattern with a basket with birds. It is a freebie chart from Brenda at With Thy Needle & Thread. Here is her Blog. http://withthyneedleandthread.blogspot.com/ She is a great designer. I stitch some of her models . You may have to read through her blog to find her freebies. They are all great!! Thanks for reading my blog!!!
April in Alabama

Nancy said...

Enjoy your pretty new patterns! I'll enjoy watching you stitch these Sharon. Isabelle Vautier has some wonderful seaside patterns that I have been wanting to get. Happy stitching!

Pumpkin said...

Oh nice! I love her designs :o) When I see these, I always think of your beautiful stitching.

Sally said...

Lovely new stash Sharon. Looking forward to seeing you stitching these.

Siobhan said...

Great new stash, Sharon!

Carolyn NC said...

Lovely!

Lillie said...

Congrads on your new find and your WIPs are lookin good.

Your furbaby so pretty and white.

J Rae said...

What wonderful patterns!!! Can't wait to see them.

Cross Stitch said...

Love the african designs! Will visit the shop and have a look around