Wednesday, January 30, 2013

WIPocalypse #1


The month of January has almost gotten away from me. It has been a very busy month filled with appointments, work and the topper of the month was Alexis being hospitalized for a sickle cell crisis. Fortunately, it was a brief stay and she is better. Though still with the occasional pain. This
fickle weather doesn't help either. Hot in the morning and cool at night!  Anyway, I digress  as I here for the very first WIPocaplyse posting. I have been stitching amazingly enough even with all that's being going on.

First up is Tulip Manor by Blackbird Designs. It's being stitched on a random piece of 30 count R and R linen with the recommended threads!  I have been working on this piece for awhile, just picking it up when I felt like it and then it just started calling my name. I hope to have this one finished by the next posting. 



Next up is another Blackbird piece Sarah's House. I had been promising to show this one for at least a couple of posts and finally here it be. Not much more on it either. It's being stitched on 
30 count Abecedarian blend with recommended cotton threads by Gentle Arts. The frog has visited me a few times on this piece and I became a little frustrated hence it's unfinished state. However, I will finish this soon as I love the pattern and the colors.  I am sorry for the less than stellar pictures but I wanted to get these in. I am off for a little stitching adventure tomorrow, more to come on that! Have a blessed week friends! 




12 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Sorry to hear about alexis but glad it was not a really serious crisis. Your WIP's are lovely but shame on that pesky frog!!!!

Siobhán said...

I'm so glad that your daughter is better and hope that the pain dissipates. Lovely progress on your WIPs, frog and all!

CJ in OK ;-) said...

These are both amazing pieces so I can see why you want to get them finished. Glad you persevered through the difficulties with your stitching and with your daughter. So glad she is doing better. CJ in OK

Katrina said...

Gorgeous projects!!!! I have a small start on Sarah's House :-).

Catherine said...

So glad your daughter is doing better!
Love your projects!

Carol said...

I'm so sorry to hear your daughter was hospitalized, Sharon--it is so scary when our own kids are ill, isn't it? I'm glad her condition is under control and hope the pain disappears soon... Lovely stitching on both pieces!

Anna van Schurman said...

I remember learning about sickle cell in health class, but I never realized it was painful! I hope your daughter continues to improve. I think you've done great on both pieces. I can't wait to hear about your adventure!

Patty C. said...

Glad to hear your daughter is feeling better.
Love both BBD pieces- gorgeous!

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

I hope your DD is doing better now, Sharon! Both pieces look wonderful! Can't wait to see them finished.

Karoline said...

I hope your DD is better now.

Both your BBD's are looking lovely

Carolyn NC said...

Glad Alexis is better now! Love the WIPs - they look great!

stitcherw said...

Hope Alexis is feeling much better by now. The crazy weather so many places are having I'm sure doesn't help matters. Both your WIP's look great. As to being scared to tackel a HAED, I say go for it. I was scared at first too,but it is so much easier than I thought. Just bunches of little x stitches like you already make. No fractionals, no back stitches, no fancy stitches. Only difficulty I had was deciding how to set up all my flosses to keep them organized while working on it.
Sue