Sunday, March 03, 2013

A Finish and WIPocalypse #2

This busy year is continuing to fly by. I had every intention of posting in February, but it got away from me obviously. This is my Tulip Manor finish which is a Loose Feather's #7 by Blackbird Designs. I had been stitching on this one off and on for awhile just enjoying it. I made a few changes, I left off the smyrna stitches because they seemed to bulky and I added my mom's initials to the right side. I think I reported earlier that this was a 30 count fabric, but I believe it's 32 instead. I used the recommended threads. It will be framed and go on my sampler wall. This also will complete one from my WIPocalypse list.


Tulip Manor by Blackbird Designs

I recently went on a stitching retreat with my local stitching friends organized by the lovely Jinger. That was my little adventure. We went to Orlando for a few days to check out the stitching and knitting shops. The first stop was Brick City Cross Stitch in Ocala Florida. Then it was on to Orlando. We stayed at a lovely resort, ate great food, went shopping (can we say Vera Bradley Outlet) and of course stitched! I didn't get any good pictures. We were a little disappointed with selection of fabric and some patterns. I decided I was spoiled because the thread prices were really marked up 25 t0 55 cents per skein depending on where you bought it. I have never paid that much per skein, so needless to say I didn't buy but a couple skeins that I needed to finish one of my patterns.

This last picture is a new start called Queen of Quite a Lot by The Scarlett House. I feel like that most days, don't you? I just picked up another random piece of 30 R and R linen and I am stitching it with DMC instead of NPI silks. I hope to get it finished soon. I do have some other projects I have started, but not enough to show. I did start Frances Pool by With My Needle and Thread, love it! I also am working on a Prim Sister's club pattern by Pineberry Lane. Thanks for all your well wishes for my daughter, we still have occasional pain but nothing like before. I appreciate your kind words and concern.

I am off to stitch, I am thinking I may have me a Criminal Minds marathon day with my stitching. I hope your Sunday is a good one!

Blessings
xoxo

10 comments:

Nancy said...

Your Tulip Manor is a beautiful finish Sharon! Glad you had a good time with your friends.

Mylene said...

Love the Tulip Manor, it's beautiful!

Carolyn NC said...

Love your finish! And your stitching trip sounds like such fun!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Time away....just like a big dose of good medicine, huh?!
I LOVE your loose feathers finish! Gorgeous! And the WIPocolypse done? You are fantastic!!!
Yay! Glad to hear your daughter is doing much better :)

Lynn said...

Your Tulip Manor finish is wonderful! I like the way you personalized it too.
Sounds like you had a great time with your friends.

Martine said...

Bravo, j'aime beaucoup

Scattered Threads said...

Hey darling,
Love your finish on BBD and read below on your daughter. Sooooo glad she is doing better. Please give her warm hugs for me.
I've been out of loop, but did take a small note of prices up on floss/threads. Ho hum…Thanks to those designers that convert to DMCs.
Take care of yourself.
Jackie:)

Karoline said...

Glad you had a great time on your trip, Tulip Manor is gorgeous.

stitcherw said...

Nice progress on Tulip, looking very pretty. Hadn't seen the Queen one before, that looks like it will be a fun stitch. Sue

Gwen said...

Congratulations on your finish. BBD is one of my favorite designers.