Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!



Well friends it's time to close the door on 2013! I can't say that I will be sad as it was a hard and frustrating year for some people I love the most. That's the beauty of starting a new year, because its a fresh new start. I am finishing my 2013 stitching with this sweet little freebie by Stitches by Cheri.  It's called Happy New Year of course!  I got up this morning excited by new prospects to come and finished it into this little cube. I used wired ribbon for the bow and my ribbon always looks as if it's going to fly away! It is stitched on 30 count parched bones linen with Gentle Art threads and the backing is this pretty funky batik. So easy and sweet,

I stopped doing resolutions many years ago. I do have some goals in mind but that is where they will stay. I would like to wish everyone best wishes with their resolutions, goals or whatever you may have in mind. I hope that you, your family and friends will all have a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!!!

Blessings!!
xoxo

17 comments:

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Sweet New Year finish! Happy New Year to you, too!

Nancy said...

Happy New Year Sharon! Thank you for sharing this freebie. Your finish is beautiful!

Catherine said...

Sweet finish!!! Happy New Year!

Julie said...

Beautiful finish.
Happy New Year.

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

A very happy new year to you my dear Sharon!

Jules said...

Very cute! I'm gonna have to hunt up the pattern and stitch it tomorrow! 1st for the 1st ya know ;)

Happy New Year's Eve and Day!!

Preeti said...

Very sweet finish!! Wish you a happy new year!!

Karoline said...

Both this and Mary's Sampler are lovely

I hope that 2014 is everything you want it to be

stitcherw said...

Love your block finish, so bright and festive. That will be a fun one to put out each year. Your earlier finishing of Witch is in was adorable, very fun design. Hope you have a wonderful new year. Sue

Christine said...

Love your Happy New Year cube, Sharon. Have a wonderful New Year!

Mylene said...

Lovely finish!
Happy New Year!!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Hope your new year is blessed!

Meari said...

Happy New Year, Sharon! I hope 2014 is good to you.

Your finish is adorable. Is there a link for the freebie?

Sharon said...

From one Sharon to another, I hope that 2014 is a year of much joy for you and those you love. Your New Year project is adorable - perfect finish! :)

Anne said...

What a wonderful, happy finish Sharon!! I love the big bow that's flying away!! Happy New Years :D

Brigitte said...

Such a sweet little stitch for the beginning of a new year.
May the new year be a happy and healthy one for you and your family and friends.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Happy New Year!