Friday, December 27, 2013

Mary's Sampler II Finish



Well better late than never! I finally finished my Mary's Sampler II design by Plum Street Samplers. It was a lovely stitch to do and I would have finished earlier if my stitching muse had not decided to disappear. My sampler is stitched on 30 count Apple Brown Bindy by R & R, and uses Gentle Art threads.You can still find this free pattern on Paulette's blog.  A big thank you to her for sharing her time and talents with all of us!

The holidays have come and gone, I hope yours were as wonderful as mine were. Time spent with family and friends is truly a blessing.  The kids are happy with what Santa brought and this mama is happy that the kids are happy. Now it's onward to looking at a new year, I am hoping and praying 2014 will be a  little kinder than 2013. I am still working on my stitching list for next year. I am not sure I will rejoin the wipocalypse, I liked having a list of stitching that I could refer back to. The list did help keep me organized, so I know I will continue that.  However, I got really lazy about posting on the dates required even though its a no pressure thing. So, I am still considering that, I  do know that my focus next year will remain on samplers. I hope to be back with a post before new years! Blessings my friends.

xoxo

17 comments:

Shebafudge said...

Mary's Sampler II looks gorgeous! Glad you had a good Christmas and I hope you have a wonderful 2014.

Julie said...

I like your version of Mary's sampler, it's beautiful.

Blu said...

Lovely finish!

Lauren said...

I love your finish. It is absolutely beautiful!

Lucy May said...

Happy new year Sharon! Hope you are doing well. The stitched piece is so sweet!

Annette-California said...

Your Mary's sampler looks beautiful. Congrats on finishing her.
love Annette

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

That finish is stunning! My Mary's Sampler lapsed...but I'm getting back to it soon! Each year I set goals and things, and I think I'm going to stick to my own flow this year. I have one special goal that I want to achieve and I think I'll perhaps share it soon, but other than that, I'm hanging 10 ;)
LOVE LOVE LOVE your finish Sharon it is gorgeous! And samplers is a great focus, I've enjoyed seeing them all stitched up over the year here too :) Happy New Year!

Brigitte said...

Great, your version of Mary's sampler.
Sounds that you have great stitching plans for the next year already. I've planning my stitching year for quite a while and it has been a lot of fun.

Rincón del Punto de Cruz said...

Hola Sharon.
Ha quedado precioso tu bordado.
Feliz 2014!!!
Besos.
Rosana.

Kevin said...

Love your finish of the Mary's Sampler! Really turned out beautifully. Working on my stitching plans for 2014 as well. I think I'm being over ambitious with my plans, but I sure hope I can see at least some of them through to completion. Best wishes on a happy healthy 2014.

Jules said...

Beautiful finish!

I am working on my stitching options for 2014. Like you, my muse kinda took a hiatus much of this year. I may wind up just sticking with my UFOs and see how many I can actually finish!

Happy New Year to you and yours!!!

Minnie said...

I finally finished mine too, yours is beautifully done. Wishing you a very Happy New Year!

Carol said...

Such a wonderful finish, Sharon--I hope to stitch this one some day, myself...

So glad your Christmas was a special one--and I wish you every happiness in the new year!

Melissa said...

Sharon, what a pretty finish! Love it!

I am with you - 2013 was a tough year and I hope 2014 will be a kinder year for everyone!

I am working on kitting up the ES Spot Motif sampler! So excited! Thanks again for "enabling" me!

Enjoy the rest of the Holiday Season!

Chris said...

Wonderful finish Sharon! So glad that the holidays were good.
Wishing you a wonderful 2014!

Scattered Threads said...

Love your finish Sharon. Looks great on the neutral background too.
Hope you get your stitching muse back.
Take care dear,
Hugs,
Jackie:)

Catherine said...

Beautiful finish!!