Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Finally a Finish...

Promised Lamb by Plum Street Samplers. I love the colors in this piece. I could have been finished a few days ago, but I have been lolly gagging around. It's stitched on an unknown to me Lakeside Linen in 32 count, using the recommended Gentle Arts threads.  I only changed my angels wings to pink just cause I like pink ;-) I haven't decided what to really work on next, going to refer back to my list I think and go from there. I am going to try to finish Kitty Cat Row though. 

Nothing much going on around here, my son turned 20 yesterday! Where does the time go? I just brought him home from the hospital, didn't I? I am getting ready for another cruise next month, looking forward to it. It's an all girl trip-so lots of laughs are on order and we celebrate my birthday and another of the ladies birthday while we are gone. In fact, I will be in St. Thomas, V.I. for my birthday. I love saying that! LOL I hope to get a little stitching in. I do know one thing, I will be having chocolate melting cake every night for dessert. My hips won't appreciate it, but my mouth sure will. 

  

I leave you with a picture of my Kensi, she is my youngest cat and a tortie. She is so sweet and spoiled. Love her to death!  Hope the rest of your week is wonderful!

xoxo 

19 comments:

Teresa said...

dear Sharon this work is very beautiful
teresa

Michele Hebson said...

Beautifully done. Congrats on the finish. I know what you mean about our babies growing up on us. It was only yesterday I held their itty bitty bodies in my arms. And now they are 21, 20 and 12. Many blessings to you.

Von said...

Oh Sharon, how can our babies be so grown up when we're just kids ourselves?!
Love your sampler!

Brigitte said...

A great finish, this sampler. Pink wings, why not, they look gorgeous, lol.

Cindy's Stitching said...

I love the pink angel wings. A really pretty piece. Have fun on the cruise and happy birthday.

Melissa said...

Congratulations, Sharon, on this lovely finish! Pink angel wings seem to suit this design!

How exciting to be going on a cruise, and during your birthday too!

Carol said...

Such a beautiful finish, Sharon! And a big happy birthday to your son--my oldest is going to turn 32 next week. Now that really makes me feel ancient :)

Enjoy that cruise--it sounds like such fun!

valerie said...

Congratulations on your finish Sharon! It's beautiful! Happy birthday to your son and how exciting to be celebrating your own birthday on a cruise. Lucky lady!!

Ranae said...

I love your finish, it's so pretty, love the colors
It might have to go on my list.
She has so many nice designs
Pretty kitty
Happy 20th birthday to your son and to you next month
Happy cruising!!

Chris said...

Gorgeous finish Sharon!!
Happy Birthday to your son!'It sounds like a perfect plan for your birthday. Travel, friends, stitching and chocolate! Have a wonderful celebration.
Kensi is a cutie :)

Julie said...

Beautiful samper.
Birthday wishes to your son, they grow so quickly don't they.
Enjoy your trip.

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

WHOOP WHOOP! Love it Sharon! It's gorgeous! And a birthday cruise - that's a TRIPLE WHOOP WHOOP! ;)

Sarah Beth said...

Your Kittie looks like my pumpkin

Karoline said...

Congratulations on finishing Promised Land, it's gorgeous

Cute picture of Miss Kensi

Scattered Threads said...

Promised Lamb looks beautiful Sharon..Congrats on your finish. Hope ya have plenty laughs and fun on your upcoming trips.

Lauren said...

Wonderful finish! Your work is beautiful :)

TammyK said...

Congrats on a beautiful finish!

Mouse said...

ooo well done on your finish and your wee furbaby is sooo cute ... hope you have a fab time away :) love mouse xxxxx

Clarkey said...

I love your sampler. It is beautiful. I love the Kitty Row also. It is only perfect to have Kitty help on Kitty Row.

Sharon