Sunday, May 11, 2014

Kitty Cat Row Finish...



After much procrastination, I finished Kitty Cat Row by Bent Creek.  I really could have finished this ages ago but...I really don't have a good excuse! LOL It is stitched on 32 count Earthen linen by Picture This Plus fabric and I used Dinky Dyes Silk threads. Stitch count 275 x 23. I had found this conversion for the silks on the Australian Stitches and Spice shop website, however I didn't want to pay that much for it and have to pay shipping from Australia. So looking at their picture I went through Dinky Dyes thread pictures on 123 Stitch and picked the colors as close as I could to theirs.  Not an exact match of course, but I like it.  I really like the funky cat as I call it (cat #5). I will eventually get it framed and hang it in my laundry area.  The piece was supposed to have 2 little stitched mice, however I opted to add some butterfly buttons I had instead. Sorry the picture is a little cut off at the end, it was not easy to photograph.

I hope your Mother's Day was terrific. Happy Mother's Day to everyone. I made my mom a German Chocolate cake and spent the day over to her house. It was a nice and relaxing day. Anyway, it's on to something else now, millions of other projects waiting in the wings!  Have a blessed week my friends!

xoxo

16 comments:

Blu said...

Cute finish. The cats are all so adorable.

Julie said...

Such a very sweet finish

Chris said...

Wondeful finish Sharon!
I hope that your upcoming week is great!

blue star stitcher said...

Hope you had a great Mother's day also. I really like the colors you used for the kitties, cute finish!

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

BEAUTIFUL!! I love your finish :)
German Chocolate Cake....yummo!
Happy Belated Mother's Day!

Dani - tkdchick said...

I love it and I'm sure I've got this buried in my stash somewhere!!!

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Your cat finish is too cute! Happy Mother's Day to you, too.

Carol said...

Aww...what a darling finish, Sharon!! Sounds like a very nice Mother's Day with that yummy cake!

Ranae said...

Sweet!!!!

Annette-California said...

oooh how beautiful. Cat row looks so rich stitched in silks. Congrats on your finish. Homemade Chocolate cake - sounds incredible.
Happy Mothers day!
love Annette

Scattered Threads said...

Nice finish Sharon. I've used the Earthen fabby and it is a really nice linen. I German Chocolate cake, but it doesn't like me. LOL. Glad you enjoyed your Mother's Day with your Mom. That is so special.
Take care darling.
Hugs,
Jackie:)

Von said...

Very sweet finish, Sharon! Hope your Mother's Day was super special. :)

Melissa said...

I love kitty cats, and all in a row is super cute!

German Chocolate Cake sounds perfect for Mother's Day! Hope you had a good one!

Brigitte said...

Such a sweet finish, Sharon. I love all the thad colours you used and also the idea to add the little buttons. Very crative.

Karoline said...

Cute finish, congratulations

Pat Matejcek said...

Love your finish, it is adorable. The chocolate cake sounds so good. I hope you had a wonderful mothers day! Happy stitching!