Tuesday, May 20, 2014

My needlepoint piece completed...


however it wasn't completed by me! My super nice and super fast stitching friend Sherri completed it for me. I love it! This is a  Pat and Lee Design  (#131). I thought I would try my hand again at needlepoint, but alas I find that crossing the tiny x's is what makes me the happiest. If you needlepoint at all, I do envy you, because it's a fabulous talent to have.  I have warned close friends and family, that if I even hint at buying a needlepoint canvas that they have permission to bong me on the head! Trust me, I have been tempted, but this is not an inexpensive hobby to have (who I am kidding, x-stitch is just as bad) Sherri is just too talented and it really didn't take her very long at to complete. All of the lovely background, the hills, pathway are all her very own additions because the background was originally all white. Also, all the different stitches were her own idea as this piece had no stitch guide for it. 

I have been meaning to do this post for awhile to thank Sherri! Without her help, it would be a very expensive piece languishing in a drawer. Now to get it framed!  To tell you just how nice Sherri is, she is stitching the rest of my Isabelle Vautier African Women. You see the first two in this post. There are 3 more in the series. She has completed two almost. So watch this space for some more fabulous finishes!  Thanks so much Sherri! Words can't express how much I appreciate your stitching these pieces for me!

19 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, you're so lucky you have such a friend as Sherri. She did a wonderful job, especially with adding the background pieces! Amazing!

Blu said...

How nice of Sherri! It's a gorgeous finish.

Pull the other thread said...

Wow so beautiful. What a super kind and talented friend you have. I love some of the needlepoint canvas out there, so beautiful but I tried it once and couldn't get into it. You're right, they can be quite expensive so I have tended to avoid it.

StitchyDon said...

Lovely piece, it'll be nice to see them all together !! It's funny how one little x can make us so happy !!!

Chris said...

It is beautiful! So nice of Sherri to help out!

Mii Stitch said...

Congrats to Sherri!! She has worked wonders, it's a lovely piece :)

Pat Matejcek said...

Sharon it is beautiful! Can't wait to see it framed. What a wonderful friend!

Southpaw Stitcher said...

What a unique and eye-catching piece! Sherri is a great friend!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Sharon that is spectacular!!! Congrats on such a wonderful finish!

Fay and Charlette said...

Gorgeous! I have tried my hand at needlepoint but have had the same problem...its just not my cup of tea! And of course, the cost of the canvases is just insane, so I couldn't afford it, especially with the cost of making-up!

Rowyn said...

What a sweet friend! The finished piece is beautiful, I love the colours in it.

Jennifer said...

Finishing that piece for you? Now that's LOVE. And I love the background she put in - it looks amazing!

Tammy said...

What a great friend you have! That's a lovely piece. Just beautiful!

Sally said...

How fantastic of Sherri to finish this for you. It is a stunning piece.

Minnie said...

You are so lucky to have friend like Sherri. Her needlepoint is gorgeous, I have seen the prices for the canvases, they are ridiculous.

Julie said...

Fabulous finish, so bright and cheery.

Karen said...

I don't like to do needlepoint either, but this is very pretty and colorful. It was nice of your friend to make it for you.

Shoe Girl said...

Hi there, I think your blog is amazing!! I'm new at this and I created a blog. Could you follow it to help me get started? http://shoegirlsworld.blogspot.com/
Thanks! And congrats on your blog!!!

Shoe girl

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Wow beautiful.