Monday, June 30, 2014

June Progress...

on Hannah Lovina Joslin by Blackbird Designs. I am loving this sampler, I just wish it wasn't taking me so long to get it stitched. But I am making progress!  I am honoring my maternal grandmother whose name you see above and the year of her birth.  It thrills me to no end to see her name on my work and this is one of the many things I love about Blackbird Designs. They really encourage you to honor your various family members.  In fact, I am inspired to stitch more samplers and honor two of my great grandmother's. They will most likely be a Blackbird Design, it's just a matter of deciding which one. When I get this one finished, I will tell you more about my grandmother. I miss her still, I was only blessed with 18 short years...but I am sure happy to have known her.

I also have been in the patriotic mood especially with Memorial Day recently, and Independence Day coming up. So I have been working on some patriotic designs. Hopefully, I will get one finished by this Friday. We shall see. I must run, thanks for all your sweet comments on my last finish and pictures.

xoxoxo

18 comments:

Justine said...

What pretty muted colours in this piece, and what a lovely way to honour your grandmother. I look forward to hearing more about her. She has a beautiful unusual name.

Nancy said...

It looks beautiful Sharon!

Pat Matejcek said...

Beautiful Sharon!

valerie said...

Beautiful stitching to honor your grandmother. Such a pretty sampler!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That sure is lovely!

Marilyn said...

Great job Sharon.
Love reading your blog and seeing all of your great projects.
Marilyn

Mii Stitch said...

That is a beautiful project, the colours are very pretty :)

Lelia said...

This is a beautiful piece! Looking forward to seeing your patriotic project all stitched up ...

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful piece--you are making great progress

Julianne said...

Hi Sharon,

Your work is truly lovely! Keep on plugging away at it. I hope your kids are doing well. I'd love to see an update about them 😄

You've really got my attention about hearing more about your grandmother. Thanks for desiring to share your memories about her. Such things really bless my heart and make me joyful in Him.

God Bless you and i'm hoping a great 4 th for you and your loved ones.

Carol said...

How special that you are stitching this in honor of your grandmother, Sharon--a true work of love. It is really gorgeous and it must be so nice to work with those lovely colors...

Enjoy your patriotic stitching--it's such fun this time of year :)

Happy 4th!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Looking pretty!

Brigitte said...

It is looking really great, your progress on the sampler. And I love the idea that you dedicate it to your grandmother. I am stitching BBD's Anniversaries of the Heart for the same reason, becasue I want to see the name of some family and frineds on them.

Parsley said...

Just beautiful!

Found your blog on the prim stitcher's facebook group. HELLO!

Karoline said...

It's looking gorgeous

Lillie said...

Beautiful progress

Sally said...

It is looking beautiful Sharon.

nuixen marketing said...

i appreciate you & your blog

Your work is Adorable as always


Leather Jackets

auscorp

leather jackets