Sunday, January 17, 2016

Happy New Year & A Finish!

                        
Happy New Year dear friends! I hope that the new year has started out well for everyone. It's been busy here in my little part of the world.  An ear infection ( thought I was too old for that!) and broken water heater to name a couple of things that have gotten my year off to a running start!  Anyway, amazingly I have a finish!  This is Malabar Farm Pinkeep by Stacy Nash. It was stitched on 30 count Confederate Gray linen with GA threads. I changed one color to Weeks Teal Frost...that was the inner  flowers and the peacocks tail. I love it.i also changed the linen as it was supposed to be stitched on Weeks Straw linen. 


Now I hope to get Willow House completed...so close on that one too. I am trying not to start anything till I finish up a couple of projects....though it is killing me! Lol  Thank you to everyone who stopped by to say hello...so nice to hear from you!  Anyway, just wanted to to share this finish!  I hope your week is off to a fabulous start!

Blessings! 









12 comments:

Cindy's Stitching said...

how pretty. I hope your ear is better now.

Blu said...

Lovely finish!
I hope you're feeling better now.

Melissa said...

What a cute piece!

I hope you feel better soon! Sometimes the year starts a bit bumpy but maybe it gets those things out of the way! Happy New Year to you, Sharon!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

So sorry about the ear and that silly water heater. Love the finish though.

Von said...

There's always something to be repaired or replaced around the house. Hope you are recovered from your ear infection. I had a lot of them as a kid and remember well the pain.

Congrats on your finished project - it's wonderful!

Minnie said...

Great finish and I'm trying to do the same thing. I've got one wip finished need at least one before a new start.

Marilyn said...

Nice finish.
Marilyn

Julie said...

Sweet finish.
Hope your ear is much better, I've recently had one of those too, quite painful!

Laura said...

Happy New Year Sharon!!!! What a beautiful finish! I echo your sentiments on trying to stay with a project that is near to being done! I am trying to stick with Red Chair Sampler.

Mylene said...

A lovely finish.
Hope you are feeling much better by now.

Margaret said...

Happy New Year Sharon.
What a pretty finish.
Looking forward to seeing your next piece.

Brigitte said...

Such a pretty little first finish this year. That might compensate the lousy start of the new year that you had. An ear infection and a broken water heater are not the things that come in mind when thinking of a good start, lol. But I hope everything is OK again and you can finally enjoy the new year.