Sunday, March 13, 2016

Work in Progress Strawberry Garden


This is Strawberry Garden by Blackbird Designs, a chart I have long loved and avoided because of the lazy daisy stitches in it. However not too long ago I saw a great little video on YouTube about them and the rest is history. I still don't think they are the best, but I have at least conquered my fear over them. They really do add to this piece and I have seen it stitched without them.  I am stitching this on 32 count R&R Reproductions alabaster linen with Classic Colorworks threads. The threads are so vibrant and pretty! 



I am finally getting some framing done and I had this Blackbird piece framed. It's Hannah Lovina Joslin from the Honeysuckle Manor book. I changed the name and dedicated it to my maternal grandmother. It's very special to me! I had one more small piece to show you. But I seem to be having trouble posting it. I am waiting for more framing to coming back...more of Blackbird designs. I can't wait to show you!  I hope your week is off to a great start! 








15 comments:

Cindy's Stitching said...

both are beautiful pieces.

Jm Cornwell said...

My aunt taught me the lazy daisy stitch when I was about 11, but I had my fears too. I would avoid doing French knots. I knew how to do them but didn't like the results. I checked out videos on YouTube and am no longer afraid.

Your stitched turned out nicely. Love the piece. Well done.

Jocelyn Thurston said...

Your Strawberry piece is beautiful; you are so right-the colours are vibrant. I imagine it would be a joy to work on. You do such perfect stitching.

Marilyn said...

Your Lazy Daisies turned out nice.
Hannah is so pretty, the frame is perfect.
Marilyn

Julie said...

Your lazy daisies looks super, Strawberries is a lovely design.
Perfect frame for your finish, love it!

Laura said...

Gorgeous pieces!!!!! and stitching lessons on You Tube!!! Why didn't I think of that! this could open up many new worlds. Thanks!

suzy mcclung said...

Beautiful work. I have never been able to get those silly lazy daisy stitches to come out right! I will check out videos. Very imspiring post.

Christine said...

Beautiful work! I love the colors in both of these!

Brigitte said...

Your framed piece looks so great, Sharon. What a lovely tribute to your grandmother. And Strawberry Garden has seen some nice progress.

Justine said...

Two beautiful projects! I love seeing finished projects all framed up. I never seem to get round to getting mine done.

Margie said...

I too have avoided stitching Strawberry Garden because of the Lazy Daisy stitches. I never thought to check out YouTube! Thanks :-)

Von said...

Love your Strawberry Garden sampler!

Solstitches said...

Two very lovely pieces. The lazy daisy stitches are so worth it.
Margaret

Uloma Jennifer said...

your lazy daisies frame is perfect

mainelystitching said...

It's gorgeous, Sharon!! Great job!!