Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Beginnings




Well, here it is the last day of the year. No special plans for me-maybe a small drink and a movie tonight. Maybe a new start-those are always good. Here is a new beginning by Abbey Lane Designs. It is designed by Sue Gastler who recently passed away. I saw this design on Confessions of a Stitch Wraith. She had changed her colors to various silk varigeted threads and I just fell in love with it. She is using all Vikki Clayton silks. So, while perusing Vikki's site I came across her singing the blues assortment. I just adored all the colors and thought this would be a great choice to stitch this pattern in. I am doing it on 32 count cream linen. I may mix some purples in too.

As for 2007, I would like to finish a couple of ufo's and continue grow and learn in my stitching. This year I did grow a lot more as related to my finishing and I hope to continue to grow stronger in that. I thought I would list my 2006 finishes here. They are as follows:
1. A Name above Every Name
2. Open a New Box Daily
3. Quaker Hedgehog
4. Coffee Menu
5. Diva
6. Dream Tree
7. My Cone Runneth Over
8. A Good Night Santa
9. Basking in the Sun
10.Margarita
11.Linen Heart
12.Summer Suits Me
13.I Love My Carbs
14.Tribal Beauties
15.Portrait of a Cat(scissor fob)
16.Goddess Heart
17.Peaches Fruit pack
18.Apples Fruit pack(still working on my scissor fob)

I certainly finished more than I did last year-I think I completed six items. I hoped to finish more, but I am fairly pleased with this amount. So, to new beginnings and a new year, I wish all my stitching friends health and happiness in the coming year as well as fantastic stitching.

19 comments:

Cathy said...

Hi Sharon - hope you and your family are feeling better! Congrats on all of your finishes this year!

Happy New Year!

Sue said...

Congrats on all your finishes and I love New Beginnings, those silks look so pretty.

Bets said...

That is a beautiful chart, can't wait to watch as you stitch it. Best to you and yours in 2007!

Barbara said...

Happy New Year Sharon! That's a lot of accomplishments! Congratulations!

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

Wonderful to read that you are happy with your stitching accomplishments as they are. Happy New Year, CJ

xsquared said...

The threads you've chosen look amazing! Sounds like you had a great Stitchy 2006 - hope 2007 is even better for you!

Barbara said...

I'm excited about your new start - love that assortment of silks, and I'm not usually too keen on blues. ;)

stitcherw said...

Those thread colors are beautiful, they'll look fantastic with the pattern. Looking forward to seeing when it's started.
Sue

whitecalla said...

Happy New Year Sharon! Great project choice to welcome a new year. Loved the blues, am sure its gonna look great, keep your progress posted :D

Annemarie said...

That is such a pretty sampler, and the colours you chose for the project are perfect! Thanks for your e-mail Sharon!

Vonna said...

Amen to new beginnings! I love your choice for the chart and the colors...I've never used Vicki Clayton silks...but look over site LOTS...I'll be interested in knowing what you think of them as you progress!
Here's to new beginnings and for all your hopes and dreams to come true!

Michelle said...

Love the blues you chose! You got a lot accomplished this year, and you really did learn a lot of new finishing techniques...congrats!

Cindy said...

Happy New Year! I can not wait to see your progress on that sampler!!!

Lili said...

This New Beginning design is stunning! So are the silks, oh my!...
Your mom's santa row really turned out great!
I hope you all feel better after this nasty flu.
It's always nice to hear from you, dear!
Take care, Sharon!

Von said...

Oh my goodness - Singing the Blues is singing to me, lol!! Can't wait to see how this lovely design works up in these scrumptious blues. :D

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

O but I can harldy wait to see that lovely design finished! I LOVE blue!

Dianne said...

All my favorite color threads! This is going to be a pretty one. Can't wait to see it.
Happy New Year!!

Bronzemom said...

I can't wait to see your progress on this one! I'm glad to know I enabled some one else to stitch "A New Beginning"!

Meari said...

Congrats on all your finishes. New Beginnings is a pretty chart. Love the colors.