Monday, May 21, 2007

Dawn Fairy



After seeing Carol's lovely progress on Dawn Fairy, I was inspired to start her. Here is my progress thus far. She has been very easy to stitch and fun. I finally decided to do a tiny rotation(gasp!) Dawn will be my Monday stitch and new beginnings is my Tuesday stitch. Then the screaming rotation will start! LOL. Now, on Fridays-that is my day to work on my UFO. I am moderating the UFO challenge on the FGBB. So, you should join me in pulling out one of those UFO's and working on it. The challenge is just to spend 30 minutes working it no matter what day you decide on. It can be every Friday, once a month or whatever day you choose! I will be working on what side? by Raise the Roof designs. It has a lot of tedious filling in to do.

Now, I have had severe case of startitis this week since I have been off. I started alchemical romance by Ink Circles, spring blossoms by Brightneedle. I also started a kit of an African woman I won on EBay. The last start was Dawn Fairy-which I have found very hard to put down. I also want to start peaceful forest by Bent Creek. Also, lurking around in the back of my mind is and a forest grew!(it's only lurking-LOL) Will the insanity ever stop!! Hope you all have a great week!

22 comments:

Barbara said...

I think we all go through times like that, where we start (or want to start) everything in sight. LOL. Good luck with the rotation!

Heidi said...

You made a great start on your Dawn Fairy. :) I have startitis too at so many times and then I have to push myself not to create andymore WIP's/ :O)

Cheryl said...

Great start on dawn fairy, love the fabric! I am a fellow sufferer of startitis ;)

Vonna said...

Wow...that's quite a start! And your stitching her on sparkly fabric too :) PRETTY!

Karoline said...

Great start on Dawn, she looks lovely

Lauren said...

I've been wanting to start tons of things lately - so I'm glad you have :) I love Dawn! The fabric you chose is so beautiful!

Michelle said...

Pretty start - the fabric is beautiful too!

BeckySC said...

GREAT start, Sharon :)

sugardoll said...

Lovely start. Can't wait to see more. Dawn is a very pretty design. =)

Carol said...

I love your start on Dawn!!!! Great idea to modify the skin tone!

cathymk said...

She looks wonderful already Sharon!!

claudia said...

Dawn Fairy must be fun, you have really made some great progress on it! I had to chuckle about all of your starts, I am getting after myself to go and work on some of my WIP's, and all I manage to do is find something else to start...I'm going to be in a "start avalanche" one of these days!

Dawn said...

Great start! I love the fabric:) Very pretty.

Lili said...

I think this is a very serious fit of addiction, Sharon! Welcome to the Sisterhood of stitching addicts (are you ready to subscribe to cross stitch addict anonymous?). Lol!!!
Nice start on the Dawn Fairy: the colours are gorgeous...
Take good care of yourself, Mrs Nurse!You need to do what you tell your patients once in a while...
Hugs!
Lili

whitecalla said...

The fabric is just lovely...looks like you are on to a great start.

Kajsa said...

She looks wonderful! That's a great start!

June said...

Fantastic start on the Fairy! Your choice of fabric is great and I'm looking forward to seeing this one grow. :)

Katrina in NZ said...

great start on Dawn fairy Sharon -look forward to seeing more!

stitcherw said...

Have fun with all your new starts, they will be a fun mix to work on. Dawn is looking wonderful, very nice progress for just starting her.
Sue

tkdchick said...

That's beautiful sparlkie fabbie!

Von said...

It's difficult to NOT get startitis seeing all the wonderful stitching projects on the blogs! Good luck keeping up with your rotation. :)

Meari said...

Love that fabric. It's so pretty!