Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Floss fob attempt #1






Well since Annemarie was so generous to send me the wooden rings. I thought I had better get on the good foot and make my first attempt at a floss fob. This is a pattern by Enchanted Needle that I changed ever so slightly. You may remember this was my Goddess pinkeep from last year. I changed the colors to dmc #158 and dmc variations #4220. Those corners give me a hard time-even with trying to miter them. I must work on that. So, what do you think? Naturally, we are our own worst critic. Anyway, I am going to have to search out some more patterns to make these with. They are so neat. Thanks again Annemarie!

I have stitched some more on Dawn, but I think I will show a picture next Monday after I work on her again. I almost want to stitch her exclusively, which is really unusual for me. I followed my rotation (yay!) and I worked on new beginnings today-but the bad frog came to pay me a visit on that one. So, not much progress made. Tomorrow, I will finish my scissor fob exchange. So, I am moving along here. I am feeling good and my incison is healing nicely. I hope you all have a great week!

28 comments:

KarenV said...

It looks wonderful Sharon! The design works really well as a fob - congratulations!

Barbara said...

Glad to hear you're feeling well and healing up. As for the floss fobs, it looks like you're a natural!

Heidi said...

Your floss fob looks fabulous. :)

Lili said...

Lovely! I also have problems with the corners but I haven't noticed yours... You are your worse critic...
Take care!
Lili

cathymk said...

That is sooo cool Sharon! Really cute! Congratulations!

Bets said...

It looks lovely, and good to hear you are feeling better!

coonie said...

I love it, what a great idea!

Vonna said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better :)
AND that floss fob...is lovely! It turned out great!!!!
I'm sure An will be pleased as punch to see how well you've done with it!

Dawn said...

The floss fob is beautiful!! Glad you are feeling better:)

jymisgurl said...

Looks great!

BeckySC said...

It's great, Sharon :)

Lauren said...

That's so lovely! It looks just like one Annemarie would make!

Karoline said...

It's gorgeous Sharon, congratulations

Dianne said...

Awesome! Now I'm going to have to make one. Thanks for the inspiration S & A. ☺

lena-lou said...

Great job on your floss fob, it looks lovely :-)

Carol said...

What a cute floss fob!

Michelle said...

Your floss fob is beautiful! Can't wait to see more pics of Dawn too!

Lisa said...

Your floss fob looks great :)

ollie1976 said...

I think it looks fantastic!
-Jen

Isabelle said...

It's lovely Sharon! Great job!

June said...

Very pretty - well done! :)

whitecalla said...

Loved the color and the wooden ring.
Well done !

Annemarie said...

Sharon, you sneaky girl!!! Finishing floss fobs within a couple of minutes without telling me! Well, you're telling me now, aren't you? Sorry, I haven't been online much due to work.

And now... It looks gorgeous, Sharon! And such a lovely design for it, too! Love the colours, love the fob, love the construction, even love the corners! Are you sure you're having trouble with those corners? I honestly hadn't noticed!

stitcherw said...

The fob looks great, love the colors you picked.

Glad you're doing well and I look forward to seeing your progress pick of Dawn.
Sue

mercy said...

Sharon I saw this on the cyberstitchers site and meant to comment on it. I love it! It's so pretty. Where did you get that moon button from? I had a needleminder that was just like it but my cousin broke it (he's not allowed to touch my needleminders anymore)

Nicole said...

Wow Sharon, that is so pretty! Great job! :)

Goldie said...

Great job on the floss fob, Sharon! It turned out so pretty!

Sandy said...

That's so pretty, great job. TFS