Monday, June 11, 2007

Dawn Fairy Update!




Here is the latest progress on Dawn. Not too much to show as it seems every Monday when I stitch her, I seem to be missing some thread. Apparently, I can't collect threads for projects-LOL. I have stuck with my rotation, but alas I am missing the petite treasure braid (it's on order) and think without that I can't get too far. Hopefully, I will have it this week.

In family news my oldest son Brandon broke his arm. He was horse playing around my living room and slipped and fell very hard on my hardwood floor. The hardwood floor won! He broke his right humerus(above the elbow area) in two places. We see the orthopedic MD on Thursday at 7:15 in the morning! Can you believe that? I am not sure I can make it-LOL. They are just very busy! Anyway, he is doing okay, he has his arm in a hard splint. I hope that he won't have to have surgery. I hope you all have a great week and happy stitching!



PS:

I want to also thank everyone for their comments on the scissor fob exchange. I really appreciate it. Monique asked what count fabric was used. I used 32 count and the stitch count was 31 x 31, which is why that pattern was great for a scissor fob. Not my own original idea however, I got it from another stitcher here locally.

25 comments:

quiltorstitch said...

She is looking so beautiful. I have your same problem, I can never keep everything together, I have bags for each project and I am always pulling from the bags for other projects. I am hopeless LOL! :)

Barbara said...

Dawn Fairy's coming along nicely. I hope the doc's meet will go okay for Brandon and he is in not too much pain.

Barbara said...

Oh, those colors are incredible! What a gorgeous project!!

I have my fingers crossed that all will go well with Brandon. We haven't had broken bones YET but with our 4-year old, I can almost see it in our future....

cathymk said...

Dawn is looking beautiful Sharon! I'll keep my fingers crossed for Brandon's appointment. Sounds painful enough already!!

Bets said...

Dawn Fairy looks lovely, nice fabric! Sending healing wishes to Brandon :)

Crystal said...

Sharon, this looks great!

BeckySC said...

She's looking just great Sharon :)

Lauren said...

She is beautiful!

So sorry about Brandon, though! I hope he'll heal quickly!

Vonna said...

I think Dawn is looking fabulous :)
So sorry for your DS broken arm...I always tell my kids "someone's going to break something" now I have ammunition to tell them that see...it actually happens!
Best of luck

Dawn said...

She looks great!

claudia said...

Oh your poor son! Oh poor you! I bet it hurts you more than it hurts him!
Hang in there Mom!

Dawn Fairy looks great. I love the colors so far!

stitcherw said...

Dawn is looking wonderful. I hope your braid gets there soon, it is so hard to wait for something when you need it now.

I'm so sorry about Brandon's arm, it sounds painful. Hopefully it heals up quickly and doesn't need surgery.
Sue

Lisa said...

Dawn looks fabulous :)

Hope Brandon's arm heals quickly without the need for surgery.

Carol said...

Poor Brandon!!! Your Dawn is so beautiful, though!

Annemarie said...

Your scissors fob is stunningly beautiful. I love the colours, Sharon!

Poor Brandon, though! I hope he's not suffering too much. And er... 7.15 am? What kind of time is that? Doctors in The Netherlands aren't even out of bed at that time!

Your Dawn Fairy is very pretty. As always, I love your use of colours!

Cheryl said...

She looks great! Love your scissor fob by the way

Lucy said...

Dawn looks like it's going to be really pretty when it's complete...nice start. Sorry to hear about your son's arm...ouch...and right during the summer months!

June said...

Oh no, what a terrible thing to happen to Brandon! Hope he heals up quickly.

Dawn is coming along great. :)

Michelle said...

Dawn is gorgeous! I hope Brandon's arm heals soon.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I think she is beautiful, sweetie! And tell Brandon to heal quickly! huggles!

Meari said...

Nice progress. Love the fabby. :)

ollie1976 said...

Sorry to hear about Brandon-glad that he's doing ok. Dawn Fairy looks beautiful.
-Jen

CritterLady62 said...

Your fairy is coming along nicely! Get well wishes to your son. It's a bummer to have a broken arm in the summertime!

Stitch Wizard said...

Dawn is looking ever so beautiful!! You are doing the best stitching on her ever!! I will enjoy watching your progress!! Hugs Debby

Dianne said...

Poor Brandon-hope he heals quickly. Still crossing fingers with my 20.5 yr old Sean. He is getting his first dental fillings.
Love Dawn and the pretty fabric you are using. Reminds me of my little snow boy that I need to finish