Thursday, June 14, 2007

My new needle holder...



This needle holder was a special little delivery for me. I had long be admiring Debby's husband's woodworking on her blog Stitch Wizard . He had made a gorgeous ring holder for her and a needle holder too. So, when he considered selling the needle holders, I knew I wanted one. Isn't it lovely? It is very smooth and he even sent a little card with it to tell me what type of wood he used. This particular wood is called Tamboti and is considered rare. It is usually used for small fancy articles or high grade furniture. Thanks Jerry and Debby-I love it.

In Brandon news-NO SURGERY! Yay! We saw the MD this morning, unbelievably we were the eighth person to sign in at 7:15 am. Brandon was very fortunate in the fact that this particular bone when it fractures breaks in two. But, his just split up the middle. If it had broken completely, we would have been looking at a big surgery with plates and screws. So, a cast for three weeks and then he has to take it easy for a little longer. All, I can say is thank God! Thanks to all of you too for your concern and well wishes.

19 comments:

Stitch Wizard said...

Sharon:

Thank you so much for the wonderful post! I am so glad you got the needle holder ok and that you likeit!! I didn't realize your son had been hurt but I hope that he gets well very soon and am so glad that he didn't have to have a surgery! I fell a couple of years ago and broke my kneecap in three places and did have to have surgery. I am so glad that your son didn't !! Very glad indeed! You are so nice to post this picture and I thank you so much for all of your kind comments!! You are such a sweetie!! Jerry will smile from ear to ear when he gets home and reads this!! Debby :)

stitcherw said...

Your new needleholder is gorgeous, what beautiful wood. That's great news on Brandon, I'm so glad that he didn't need to have surgery.
Sue

Barbara said...

That's a lovely needle holder. Glad to hear Brandon will be okay!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous needleholder. Glad Brandon doesn't have to have surgery

Barbara said...

Oh what a huge relief that must be! Brandon's got a guardian angel that was working overtime, I'd say. ;)

Vonna said...

Tne needle case is gorgeous! Debby's husband does such glorious work!

SO glad your son doesn't need surgery. Whew what a relief for you, I'm sure :)

Annemarie said...

Phew, you must be so relieved. And Brandon too, of course :o)
Love the needle holder!

Carol said...

That is fantastic news - whew!

Goldie said...

YEAH!!! for no surgery! I love the needle holder! Dawn is also looking very beautiful!

Meari said...

Good news for Brandon! That's one pretty needleholder, Sharon.

Lili said...

Oh Poor Brandon and mummy! It looks like we've lived the same sort of thing lately, with a "good" conclusion for our kids. I'm very happy for you that surgery's not needed...
This needle holder is a beauty, and your Dawn Fairy is stunning, Sharon!
Take care!
Lili

Hazel said...

Sorry to hear about Brandons accident. Great news that he needs no surgery! Your stitiching is coming along a treat. xx

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That is very nice! Now you will know where those extra needles are!

June said...

Great news that Brandon doesn't need surgery! :)

Gorgeous needle holder - very elegant.

Chelle said...

Love the needle holder, and that's great news about Brandon. Yeah!

Bronzemom said...

Love the needleholder -- but the text is so dark, I can't read your post!

lena-lou said...

Pleased your son will be fixed without surgery :)

Love the NH from Debby & Jerry , he has got a real special talent. Enjoy your treasure :-))

Von said...

I definitely sympathize with you going through this broken arm ordeal with your ds, as I've recently been through it myself. :) No surgery - woot! It'll all be over soon, but will put a kink in some summer activities.

Lelia said...

good news from your MD --lovely needle holder!