Monday, July 23, 2007

Just a little update.....




Well, I am still lurking around. I have been working on a couple of exchanges. So, I can't show those just yet. Hopefully in the next week. This is one of my current wip's called ice cream sundae by Country Cottage Needleworks. It is similar in nature to coffee menu. I started this last week and this is my progress thus far. I decided to do it on a pink linen instead of the mocha linen it called for-I not sure if you can tell the color by the picture. You know me-I like color. Please forgive me the wrinkles. I also have been working on Summer feast by Praiseworthy stitches-love the colors in this one.

Other than that, nothing going on but the rent! I am still being tortured by the children-LOL It's not that bad, but the two older ones argue and argue. Brandon is improving and I do get some good stitching time while he is in therapy. I have been stash buying-maybe I will try to post some of that. I have been bad-but I am not going to feel guilty. It has been fun. I hope you all have a great week and happy stitching.

20 comments:

Barbara said...

Our younger two have discovered some source of perpetual noise and energy since the school vacation began. I'm seriously considering a pair of industrial earphones to save my sanity. LOL!

Your current project is cute. Makes me think of the old fashioned ice cream parlors of childhood. :)

Cheryl said...

Great new WIP! It is very similar to coffee menu. Can't wait to hear what stash you got :)

monique said...

oh, yes... you must show us your stash!

Dawn said...

great start! I completely understand being tortured by the kids. Mine argue all the time, too. I just put the mother's curse on them...."just wait till you have kids, they will be 10x worse than you were" :)

Stitch Wizard said...

Your Ice Cream Sundae is soooooooooo pretty!! You are just doing such a nice job on it! I love the colors with all the pinks!! One can never have enough stash so don't feel guilty about getting some!! I think using pink fabric sounds so pretty too!! Good job! Debby :)

J Rae said...

Your Ice Cream Sundae looks great so far! I think it was a good move to use the pink linen for that piece. It needs a little color! It's so fun and summery! Can't wait to see your stash! I ordered a couple of things from Shepherd's Bush last week. They didn't have one thing in stock when I called them, so I'm not sure when I will get it, but can't wait until it arrives.
Glad to hear that Brandon is better.

jymisgurl said...

Your Ice Cream looks great! I love this piece, but every time I look at it, it makes me hungry!

Lauren said...

It's lovely! I can't wait to see what stash you've acquired :)

stitcherw said...

Lovely start on Ice Cream, that is such a cute design.
Sue

Lisa said...

Ice Cream Sundae is very cute, love the colours :)

Carol said...

What a great start - it's making me hungry - LOL!

choko said...

Your stich are very cute!!I like "Ice Cream Sundae"chart,too!!

cathymk said...

OOOh I like your new start Sharon, looking yummy already.

Michelle said...

Beautiful start on your Ice Cream sampler. I just bought this one. Love it!

sugardoll said...

That is so cute. It will look yummy hanged by the dining room area. 8-)

June said...

You made a great start on Ice Cream!

I agree with the others: We want to see stash pics...:)

BeckySC said...

Love your new start, Sharon :) :)

Bets said...

Mmmmm... ice cream :) Very pretty!

catandturtle said...

Oh, I just got this pattern in the mail. I can't wait to start it. Working on it will make me crave ice cream though. Ann.

Lili said...

I like your ice cream version better with the light pink fabric. At the moment, I'm stitching their Tea Room with some light pink fabric as well: I love pink...
Looks like Brandon really had a big wound when you see all the time spent in therapy... But it's for the better and I'm glad he is improving.
Take care, Sharon!
Lili