Tuesday, July 03, 2007

My First Needle book




This is my first needle book using the tribe #1 from Periphaeria Designs. You may remember this design from my first biscornu exchange. I really like this design or can you tell that? I used waterlilies again this time in cherry. Some errors of course as I am not a seamstress. I am going to have work on my measuring and seam allowance. But, on the whole-not too shabby I think. This actually meets one of my finishing goals. I know you are saying what goals? LOL However, I do have some things I have set for myself to learn and this was one of them. I also did a small pillow-but I am not quite finished with that. Will post as soon as I am done.

Thanks for all the comments on my beach house and the new blog look. I am enjoying it very much. Brandon got his cast off today-yay! Now he is in a brace for another four weeks. We also have to go to physical therapy three times a week. What an enjoyable way to spend the summer-NOT! Taking the kids to the movies tomorrow to see Transformers-one of the few things we can do. I am not complaining as I am very thankful this did not occur during school time as it was Brandon's dominate side that was injured. I am still working on my exchanges and just trying to stitch where I can fit it in. Have a good weekend and thanks again for stopping by.

29 comments:

bkirk said...

Very nice. I'm still wading through my stash to get one finished.

Annemarie said...

Hey! A new look (well done!) and a gorgeous needlebook to share with us (well done!). What a treat. I can imagine why you like to stitch this design so much. The fabric you used for the lining of the needlebook is gorgeous too!

xstitch.nl said...

The needle book is beautiful, Sharon!! Love the big bow...

Heidi said...

Very nice needlebook. :)

KarenV said...

It looks great - congratulations!

Love your new look too!

ollie1976 said...

Great job.
-Jen

Carol said...

Congratulations!!!

Meari said...

Your needlebook turned out nice, Sharon. :)

Lauren said...

How pretty! I'm glad Brandon's cast is off. Think of it this way - while he's doing PT, you can be stitching :)

Cheryl said...

Great job on the needlebook, the fabric is so pretty

Lisa said...

Your needlebook looks great, well done!

Stitchingnow said...

Great job..Congrats

Karoline said...

Lovely needlebook, congratulations

Little Grey Cat said...

congratulations on your first needlebook! What a good job you've made of it too.

June said...

The needlebook is very pretty! Well done, you did a great job. :)

Susimac said...

I love the new look blog!
I love your first needlebook too, its a stunner.

Barbara said...

Woohoo! Love it!

Ranae said...

Your needlebook is beautifully done. Congrats!!

claudia said...

I really like the design on your needle book. Great stitching. Your color choice is perfect...um, I like red...so therefore the perfect!
Yay for Brandon...isn't it one of "Murphy's Laws", that if anything on a kid is going to be broken, it'll be for the summer months??? Poor guy. But hey! He's got progress!!!

Dawn said...

The needlebook is beautiful! Great job:)

Bets said...

Very pretty! I love the needlebooks. Nice that Brandon has some summer left without a cast :)

Stitch Wizard said...

Sharon Congratulations on your needlebook! Wow it is really pretty! I need to learn how to do things like that myself!! I don't know how to do the finishing. Very pretty!! Debby :)

Greg said...

Congratulations on the finish, the needlebook looks fantastic.

msstitch01 said...

Your needlebook looks great Sharon. Love the new look on your blog also.

stitcherw said...

Very pretty needlebook, I think you did a great job on the finishing. Glad Brandon continues to improve, he must have been so excited to get the cast off (even if he does have to wear the brace for a while). Looking forward to seeing the picture of your pillow when you post it.
Sue

tkdchick said...

Great first needlebook!

Urgh physio... hate it... currently doing it twice a week myself!

Jenna said...

Well done, Sharon! I think your first attempt at a needlebook looks great. I'm not a very good seamstress, either. Need to finish more pieces and get more practice! :)

Chelle said...

Congrats on your needlebook, I think it turned out great!

lena-lou said...

Great job on your needlebook it looks wonderful :)