Saturday, June 13, 2009

An EBay find....



Found this little finished cross stitch piece on EBay aka The Bay of Evil. I only paid about eight dollars for it and that included shipping from the United Kingdom. These dancing ladies make me laugh every time I see them. I have no idea who the designer is or what the piece is called. They are done on Aida and the stitching was super neat on the back. I had them framed and here they are!(the picture is clickable) I don't think if I were selling any cross stitch that it would leave me for so little. Especially when you put so much of your time in it.

Thanks for all the lovely comments on my last post-especially my son! I appreciate them! I have worked a little more on that piece but I am trying to finish up an exchange and therefore I have not worked on my own stitching. I also have been working on some home improvements and that is cutting into the stitching time too. Anyway, hopefully some stitching pictures the next post! Have a fantastic day and thanks as always for stopping by!

26 comments:

missy said...

Great find on Ebay!! I too can't believe how someone can put all that work into a project and then sell it so cheaply. The floss, fabric and chart probably cost more!! At least this piece now has a good home with you!!

hugs
-missy-

karenv said...

That's a great find - lucky you!

Ranae said...

An awesome find. It looks like a fun piece.

Tammy said...

Cool pic :o) I've never seen that design but am curious as to who the designer is.

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

What a great find. These girls are great and the framing is perfect. CJ ok;-)

Anna van Schurman said...

That is a very fun piece!

Olenka's Stitches said...

Congrats on the gret find! The dancing ladies are so lovely!

mainely stitching said...

That is SO fun! I love it! :D

Kathy A. said...

That is indeed a treasure. Lucky you!! I am sure it makes a lovely addition to your home and it is where it is appreciated.

Siobhan said...

What a wonderful Ebay treasure! Lucky you. Love the frame job!

Karoline said...

Great find!

Natalija said...

I saw this pattern in a Russian version of the "CrossStitcher" magazine (June 2009)

J Rae said...

Wow! What a great find! Definitely brings a smile to your face. :-)

stitcherw said...

What a fun piece, the ladies do make you smile, they look so happy and carefree. I can't believe they were selling it for so little.
Sue

CindyMae said...

That is a great piece! I love it, what a great find!

Kim B said...

Great piece! And such a deal!

Cindy F. said...

What a fun piece and a great find!

Meari said...

What a great find, and fits so well with your decor!

Redwitch said...

Great bargain, for such a cute piece, makes me want to dance :)

Redwitch said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dani - tkdchick said...

What a great find!!!

Maren said...

LOL, my mother has a piece that kind of looks like this from her travels to Africa. It's a drawing though, but the dancing ladies still look very...energetic. :) Awesome find!

Lili said...

Oh I love this piece! It makes you smile and feel like dancing with them. They look so happy. What a great find!
Hugs!
Lili

Robin said...

Sharon, What a GREAT ebay find. I love that piece too; it makes you happy to just look at it.
also, your post earlier about your son! what a handsome young man!! You should be very proud of him; looks like he's well on his way to becoming a great man!!!

Pumpkin said...

You've got to be kidding! WOW! That is a great find even though it was from The Bay of Evil ;o)

lanchid said...

Sharon, that pattern is from CrossStitcher magazine, issue 211. It caught my eye immediately when I picked up the issue. I'd love to do it but I've had to restrict myself to actually only doing pieces when I know who I'm giving them to when they are finished. If only I didn't have to work! LOL

Laura, aka lanchid