Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Finally, a couple of Christmas Ornament Finishes




Well, finally I sat down and finished finished a couple of ornaments that I had stitched. These have actually been finished for a little while but I have been trying to decide whether to send them off to be finished or do them myself. Today, I decided to do them myself. I think I did okay here. The one on the left is Poinsettia by Brittercup Designs-I believe it's from the 2007 JCS ornament issue. I gave it a little ethnic flair with this African print fabric I found. The fabric had so much red and green in it-that Christmas just popped into my head when I saw it. I think it goes well with design. The second one is by Lizzie Kate and it is from Tiny Tidings 13 and is called Jolly Holiday and I backed it with some appropriate holly flavored fabric.

I am woefully behind on ornaments but now that I am finished with my last exchange-the selfish stitching will commence. That sounds terrible doesn't it? I tend to have guilt working on my projects when I have an exchange to go out. I have some more ornaments to finish-but finishing is a time consuming little business. I hope to get them done prior to Christmas. I would love to have a tree with nothing but my stitched ornaments on it.

Up next, that last exchange I have been talking about-it's so cute(at least to me) That I will have a hard time parting with it. But, alas it will be going out soon-so no picture until it's received. I have worked on Simple Things and made some progress-those over one words are a headache especially when you have bad eyes like me. A picture of that coming soon too. Thanks for stopping by!

27 comments:

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

Great little ornament finishes. Hope you achieve your dream of a tree full this year. CJ ok;-)

staci said...

Wonderful ornaments! You're way ahead of me there :)

Nancy said...

Your ornaments are so pretty! I think you did a wonderful job of finishing them, and I like the fabrics you used. I was going to do one ornament a month this year, and I'm waaaaay behind! Have fun with your personal stitching, and I don't think it sounds bad at all to enjoy stitching for yourself.

Cindy said...

Awesome ornament finishes :)

Kim B said...

What gorgeous ornies! And I think "selfish stitching" is awesome!

Olenka's Stitches said...

You were so creative in finishing your ornaments, the fabrics and trims are so well chosen for them,
Can't wait to see your selfish stitching! :-)

cathymk said...

They're both great Sharon!

Bets said...

Lovely ornaments and finishing! I have been interested in the finishing with the pins, did you learn from a tutorial online?
I think "selfish stitching" is also guiltless and accomplished stitching :)

mainely stitching said...

Wonderful ornaments, Sharon! And I can't wait to see your exchange. :D

Siobhan said...

Lovely ornaments, Sharon! I envy your ability to stick with the Christmas stitching. I had grand plans but as usual haven't done anything.

Carla said...

Great job, Sharon!! No need to send them to your finisher they turned out fantastic!

Mylene said...

Beautiful ornaments! Great job, Sharon!

Carolyn NC said...

Nice stitching and finishing!

Sally said...

Lovely ornament finishes Sharon.

Maren said...

Lovely finishing job! I'd love to learn how to do ornaments, but I haven't made the time to do it yet. Heh, maybe I'll manage it before Christmas too.

Karoline said...

They both look lovely, great finishing

Cindy F. said...

Congrats on 2 BEAUTIFULLY finished ornies!! Good job Sharon!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Selfish stitching is completely acceptable! I've decided to be selfish for awhile and not sign up for anything!

Your ornies turned out nicely.

CindyMae said...

The ornies are just gorgeous!!

Cindy Mae
My Store opens July 1st
www.cindymaedesigns.com

Meari said...

Ornies look great, Sharon!

Kathy A. said...

You did a lovely job on your ornaments. Love the bright colors in the African fabric.

Margaret said...

Lovely ornaments Sharon and great finishing. Now aren't you glad you did the finishing yourself?

stitcherw said...

Lovely stitching, and your finishing looks great. These will be fun ornaments to display this December.
Sue

Pumpkin said...

Well done Sharon! Love the combination of designs and fabrics :o)

Anne S said...

Your ornie finishes are great - I especially love the finishing of the Poinsettia ornie :D

Julianne said...

Sharon,

Great stitching and finishing!

I hope you, and your family are enjoying the holiday weekend.

Mare said...

Lovely ornies and nicely finished. Congrats Sharon