Saturday, October 31, 2009

Hocus Pocus Pin Keep


I hope everyone has had a wonderful Halloween night. Both my older kids were out and the youngest and I were in Jo-Ann's and Books a Million. It was a pleasant night. So, while we were lazing around the house I finished this little pin keep. I have been wanting to start a basket of Halloween pin keeps and this will qualify as the first. I guess better late than never! This is hocus pocus by Lizzie Kate. The name of the linen escapes me and I used the recommended WDW threads. I used an orange batik fabric for the backing as I couldn't find a Halloween fabric that I liked. I really like the little beads.

As for Simple Things I am about ready to make frog fricassee! I keep having errors and so I have a little ripping to do and then hopefully I will be on the right track and finished soon. Thanks for all the stitchy vibes and I appreciate all your comments on my framed work. Tonight we fall back on the clock and though I love the fall time of the year, I hate when it gets dark so early. Meh! Anyway, I hope the rest of your night is a great one!

23 comments:

CindyMae said...

What a great pin keep! Glad that you Halloween night went well!

Carolyn NC said...

Great finish on your pinkeep!

Nancy said...

I love your Halloween pinkeep, and it's such a nice beginning to a Halloween pinkeep collection. The beads around the edge are beautiful!

Tammy said...

Great finish Sharon!

Pumpkin said...

Love your finish! The fabric on the back really suits it :o)

Tell that frog to take a hike! Just don't send him my way ;o)

Daffycat said...

***squeal*** I love it, Sharon. What an awesome pinkeep. The pins are outstanding and the backing fabric is suitably spooky!

Claire said...

Love your pin keep, it looks great.

Olenka's Stitches said...

Congrats on the pretty finish!

mainely stitching said...

Wow, that's so cool!!!!

CritterLady62 said...

I love Hocus Pocus. The fabbie looks great. Like you, I hate it getting dark so early.

Mel said...

Lovely finish!

stitcherw said...

Hocus Pocus turned out great, love the backing fabric you found for it. Your earlier framed finishes look wonderful as well.
Sue

J Rae said...

Love your pinkeep, Sharon! The beads are perfect!

Sorry about all the frog visits of late. Not fun!

Michelle said...

Your pin keep is adorable! I love it!!!!

Terry said...

Love your finish!

Karoline said...

The pinkeep is lovely, congratulations

Siobhan said...

Fabulous finish!! Frog fricasse--too funny. Sending good vibes that the frogs will banish and you get some serious stitching time in on your Simple Things.

Kajsa said...

What a cute pinkeep. I love the fancy pins you used.

Carla said...

Great finish, Sharon!! The pins look fantastic!

Brigitte said...

That's a nice finish. I love the beaded pins sticking out of the pinkeep.
I hope that the frogging on your current piece is over by now.

Sally said...

What a lovely finish Sharon. I like those pins:)

Lili said...

Well, I do appreciate getting up one hour later...
Lovely fabric for a wonderful finish! Seeing your work makes me want to try and make one of those pinkeeps myself. The beads and all... It's real precious.
HUgs!
Lili

Gwen said...

Neat finish. Love the project and the batik is lovely.