Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Some Framed Finishes



Here are a couple of finishes recently framed. First up is African Beauties by Bleu de Soie. They were stitched on 30 count WDW straw linen with dmc variations thread. I narrowly escaped disaster on this piece because I wanted to make it a hardanger piece by cutting a thread! But I managed to save it!

Below is Daydream by My Mark Designs . It was stitched on a piece of Silkweaver solo fabric that I just loved. I used the recommended threads except for one. It is hanging in my boys room. I actually have had this one framed for awhile. I just have been lazy about photographing it.



Otherwise there is not much going on here. I am trying to finish Simple Things by Blackbird. It is taking me way too long to complete that one and I want to finish it as I am afraid it will turn into a UFO! I am very close to finishing, so send me good stitchy vibes. Thanks for your comments on Moon Witch-she is one of my favorite little finishes! Have a great week!

23 comments:

Kim B said...

Beautiful Sharon!

Nancy said...

Lovely! Your stitching looks so beautiful framed.

Stitch Wizard said...

Congratulations on two beautiful finishes! They are both so lovely framed and I am so happy you were able to save your project!! I have almost ruined a few too and it is very scary. Debby

Mylene said...

Both your framed pieces looks great!

Mel said...

Lovely! But Daydream is just awesome with that hand dyed fabric!

Vonna said...

Oh Sharon, they both are so lovely...GORGEOUS! That Daydream is totally awesome!
How was your stitching weekend?

Julie said...

I really like to African Beauties! The frame is a nice match for it.

Claire said...

All lovely ,I like the African Beauties best.

Bette said...

I love the framing you choose, especially on the Daydream piece. Very nice!

Bets said...

Nice finishes! I remember when you stitched daydream. Happy stitchy vibes :)

Daniela said...

Yours works are beautiful...my english is very bad.
Kisses from Italy, Daniela

Kathy A. said...

Wonderful finshes. Your framing colors are perfect. Love Daydreams. Good luck with your almost finish!!! You can do it!!!

Carolyn NC said...

Very pretty!

mainely stitching said...

Wonderful framing, and of course your stitching is fabulous. :D

CindyMae said...

They look gorgeous!!

Siobhan said...

Beautiful framing, Sharon! You must be so pleased with them. I'm eager to see your Simple Gifts. I have that all ready to go. It's a lovely design.

Goldie said...

Love Daydream! Your African Beauties piece is absolutely stunning!!

Brigitte said...

Two very nice pieces. I like the frames you found for them.

J Rae said...

They both look beautiful! Love the colors on Daydream. The fabric and threads look beautiful together!

Dani - tkdchick said...

They both look beautiful! But Daydream is perfectly framed!

Pumpkin said...

Beautiful framing! You must be so happy to have those up on your walls :o)

Karoline said...

Beautiful framing Sharon, congratulations

Mare said...

This design really shows off that beautiful fabric! Love it