Sunday, December 11, 2011

3rd Annual Ornament Finish for a Friend



This is Christmas Cat Tree by Brittercup Designs from the JCS 2011 ornament magazine. I stitched this for a friend and it will be winging it's way Monday. I love these designs because they are so easy and quick to stitch. I used a scrap of off white jobelan with the recommended WDW threads and Kreinik thread. I finished it in a triangle shape, which is a first for me. I am going to have work on it though-because I think I got my mat boards turned around, so one side is a little off. I hope my friend will like it.

I have been working on some other ornaments, but I have been busy getting ready for Christmas and working entirely too much, so they are not completed yet. I have also been making mental stitching plans which involve samplers and such. Hopefully,I will have a more productive year next year. Anyway, I am off to do a little shopping, I hope you have a blessed Sunday!

20 comments:

mainely stitching said...

That is such a sweet finish, Sharon! :) I hope you get some time for yourself soon. Take care!!

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Beautiful stitching and finish! I have a friend who really likes cats. You've inspired me to get my copy of the JCS mag off the shelf...

Kathy A. said...

Lovely ornament Sharon. You were brave to tackle a triangle. It looks great.

Nancy said...

I think both of the ornaments in your photo are beautiful! You did an amazing job on finishing the triangle. Your friend will love it! Enjoy preparing for the holidays and making plans for 2012 stitching.

Jackie said...

Hi darling, the ornies look wonderful. Your recipient will love them I am sure.
Happy shopping to ya.
I've been wrestling with my 2012 list too, so I will have to see what gets done.
Good to see you out.

dixiesamplar said...

That ornie looks great, Sharon...I am sure she will love it!

Football and Fried Rice said...

You already know I can't stitch a thing, but I'd happily go shopping with you :) especially in your warm weather! That was the one nice thing about southern China that we don't have here right now!

Enjoy getting everything wrapped up this year!!

Sally said...

What a lovely ornament Sharon.

Ranae said...

Cute design and the finishing looks perfect to me
Dont work too much

pat said...

it's always nice embroidery ornaments..
ciao Pat

Pumpkin said...

Beautiful finish Sharon! I'm sure your friend will love it :o)

Karoline said...

It's gorgeous, congratulations

Dani - tkdchick said...

Nice job Sharon, if you hadn't pointed out it was wonky I wouldn't of noticed!

Chelle said...

Love your ornament! Very brave to choose something with a non-standard shape for finishing. I am not so brave...lol Awesome Santa!

Siobhan said...

Congratulations on the finish, Sharon! Wishing you a blessed Christmas!

Lillie said...

Beautiful finishing. Am sure your friend would be thrilled.

Merry Christmas, may your holiday season be blessed with peace, love and joy!

Cindy's Stitching said...

Very pretty. I am sure your friend will adore it. Merry christmas.

Catherine's Sewing Corner said...

what a lovely blog and some lovely things you make. I have become your newest follower. happy new year
x catherine

Carolyn NC said...

Cute finish and Happy New Year!

Meari said...

What a cute ornament! Congrats on your finish.

Thanks for your comments re: my graduation. :)

Happy New Year, Sharon!