Friday, January 13, 2012

Happy New Year and a Finish!



Well here we are 13 day's into the new year and I finally getting around to updating my blog. First, Happy New Year to you all. We had a wonderfully blessed Christmas with family and friends. Spent too much of course, but don't we all? Now onto a new year that will see my son turn 18(OMG!), and looking forward to a 7 day cruise later in the year sans children Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Mexico!

I also hope to have a better stitching year than last. I had very few finishes last year, and though I try to take joy in the journey, I do like the sense of accomplishment of finishing things. Stitching plans for me include samplers, samplers and ornaments. Did I mention samplers? LOL I also want to blog more-so we will see how it goes.

My first small finish of the year is Humble Gratitude by 4 My Boys, stitched on 32 cream linen I believe with the required GAST. I am not sure how I will finish, may have it framed. The sentiment is how I feel about life, I have a humble gratitude for my family, job, and people the Lord has brought unto me in this life and will remain forever grateful. I never want to take anyone or anything for granted!

Anyway, if anyone would like this chart. The first person who comments and asks for it will receive it. I will send it anywhere. (Chart has been spoken for!)

In other wonderful news, I am adding a new cat to my family and you can see him on her blog
here. Theresa, from Shakespeare's Peddler fosters kittens needing new homes and I fell in love with him and lucky me gets to have him come and live with me and the kids in about a week or so. We can't wait! His name is Wren, though that will probably change once we get him. I am leaning towards Tabasco...

Now if you have made it through all that, thank you! I am not usually so wordy. I look forward to hearing from you and thanks for visiting!

20 comments:

Michele said...

Very sweet finish. That's one of my favs .. I think I've stitched a few times :)

Happy New Year!

Shanda said...

Gorgeous! Love it!

Mouse said...

ooo cute finish :0 and ooo a new furbaby ... hope he settles in well :) love mouse xxxx

barbara said...

Oh it's YOU adopting Theresa's kitty!! How utterly wonderful - now I'm extra happy! :D

Best, best wishes for your new year!!

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Your finish is adorable! Congratulations on the cute new addition to your family. (I took a peek at him on Theresa's blog.)

cathymk said...

I'm so glad Wren found a home with you! He looks like a dear sweet kitten. My heart was breaking reading his story on Theresa's blog.

Lovely finish Sharon!

Sally said...

What a lovely finish Sharon.

Aww I'm so glad that you're adopting Wren. He is such a cutie.

Nancy said...

A very pretty first finish Sharon! I wish you a wonderful stitching year ahead.

Congratulations on your new kitty! I love kitties - we have a few!

Pumpkin said...

Love this finish! If no one has spoken for the pattern yet, I would love to stitch it. How could I not seeing that it has a pumpkin in it ;o) LOL!

I hope you New Year is full of new and wonderful things and it appears that it's already started that way! Your new addition is adorable :o) Congrats!

Jackie said...

Happy New Year dear. Your finish looks wonderful.
I look forward to hearing about your cruise as I am a native of Jamaica, lived in the Cayman Island and my neighbor is Mexico.
Happy adopting for your new addition to your family.

Take care.

Vonna said...

How lovely that you are the adopting family...GREAT NEWS! I thank Tabasco is just the name for the peppy fella!
Your finish is cute as a button!

Cindy said...

Very nice finish!

I'm looking forward to hearing all about your cruise :)

Siobhán said...

Congratulations on the finish, Sharon!! It's adorable.

I have a son turning 18, too. YIKES! No cruise for me, though. ;) I hope this year is a wonderful one for you and your family.

Veronica said...

Beautiful finish. Oh, so you're the one who's adopting Wren. He's lucky :) Tabasco is a cute name ^.^

Hugs,
Veronica.

Margaret said...

Happy New Year Sharon and congrats on your first finish.

What a sweet kitty - I'm jealous.

Meari said...

Congrats on your finish -- it's adorable!! Love the sentiment also. And congrats on your new furbaby. ☺

I've been on a cruise to the Grand Caymans and Mexico (some other place, too, but not Jamaica). You will love it. Just don't sprain your ankle on the cobblestone sidewalks, and don't get a blistering sunburn, LOL.

Karoline said...

Lovely finish, congratulations

Von said...

I hope your plans for the year come to fruition, Sharon! More stitching is definitely on my list. :)

Hope to hear lots of stories about your new kitten - it's so very good of you to adopt him!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Congrats on your new addition!!! And I'm not AT ALL jealous of your cruise!!!!!!!

Chelle said...

Love your finish - I like the sentiment as well. Your cruise sounds great!