Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Busy Week

Well it has been a busy little week for me here. The kids started school (YAY!) so it has been an adjustment to getting up and getting everyone ready and out of the door. My oldest son started middle school this year-he is twelve. My daughter is in fourth grade and she is ten. Here are pictures of them going off to school. The top is Brandon and below him is Alexis.



In stitching news I am hanging onto the wagon by my fingertips-oh alright I admit it I have one chart on order by Raise the Roof and I am going to get the secret needle night kit this month from the silverneedle called summer suits me courtesy of DH. I haven't been able to really focus on one piece, but I have been stitching on a freebie heart pattern. Here is a picture of it in progress.I have done it on 30 ct vineyard mist with caron waterlilies eggplant.



I seem to be floundering in what I want to stitch-nothing is screaming at me. But, alas I will forge ahead-LOL. Hope everyone is having a great stitching week!

16 comments:

Stitch Wizard said...

Your heart is looking really pretty!! Keep up the good work!! Debby

Lisa said...

The heart freebie looks very pretty.

You're lucky... DD doesn't go back to school for another 4 weeks, she is getting so bored :o(

J Rae said...

Sharon, I LOVE the color you are using on your heart!!!! It is gorgeous!!! Love it, love it, love it!

My son doesn't start school until next week, the 17th! He will be in middle school also. He is not looking forward to returning!

Emily said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! The pattern of the flamingo is from The Great Outdoors booklet from Stoney Creek. I don't really like any of the other patterns in the book but my Aunt loves flamingos and it was a pretty one so I bought the whole thing.

I love your margarita!!

Amy said...

Sharon, that floss is GORGEOUS! It's looking FAB so far.

Isn't school the best? I firmly believe that the "education of our youth" is only a mere side effect. The school system was invented to keep mothers sane!! lol

jymisgurl said...

Your heart looks great! I love the colors! I bet you're glad your kids went back to school! They started here yesterday, and I've never seen our neightborhood so quiet! ;)

stefani said...

I love the colors of the floss on the heart. Very pretty.

Rava said...

Yummy heart! and isnt it great to have them back at school? You have to let me know your favorite colors when you have a chance :)

M said...

Thank you for dropping by and the nice comment on my Mermaid. :o)

Your kids actually look HAPPY to be going back to school. I don't seem to remember it that way. Enjoy the quiet.

JerseyTjej said...

Love your work! I have one MORE week!!!!!

The Queen's Stitch said...

Your kids are so cute! Wow they start school early down there. We don't start up here until around Labor Day.

I seem to be having the opposite problem of you, there are too many things screaming at me to stitch them. It's a joyful dilemma.

Sandy

DebVA said...

I'm so jealous - been trying to download that heart freebie with no success. It looks beautiful - love the colors

Carol said...

Those back to school pics of the kids are priceless - love those grins for the camera!

Myrna said...

The kids look great! I can't wait for school to start here, but, it's not until after Labor Day. I love the picture by the tree... I have 'first day' pictures in the same spot every year also.

The heart is looking great!

Hugs...

juls said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Von said...

Wow! School starts early in Florida! We start next Tuesday, Aug. 29. But my homeschooled kids won't start until after Labor Day. I just can't get into it until September, lol! Your kids seem happy to be getting back into the routine. :D