Thursday, January 11, 2007

My First 2007 Finish and SBQ 1/10/07!



First, I must thank everyone for those beautiful comments you left regarding me and my Grandfather. They were very much appreciated and I do believe some of you had me blushing. You all are very sweet. I hope my Grandfather continues to do as well as he is doing and it would be nice to have inherited his longevity.

I finally have a finish for 2007, this is called shine on harvest moon by Monsterbubbles. It was a free design that I requested from Wilchelt Imports. As, you can see lots of color and different as most of the Monsterbubbles designs are. Those bars were a little tedious though. It's great to have a finish though. I think this would make a great pillow.

Now on to the SBQ this week, I hope to better about answering these questions this year. There were some really great questions posed last year and I may have to go back and answer some. Here is the question for this week:

Do you dream of running your own LNS/ONS? If so, tell us about your
dream. If not, tell us about your cross stitch dream… maybe you dream
of designing, dyeing your own floss or fabric, etc.

Now, I must admit I do dream of owning my own shop-but I don't think I have enough knowledge of various stitching things to do that. I think those people that do needlepoint, hardanger, quilt or sew would be best to do something like that. But, to be surrounded by cross stitch everyday would be wonderful. Sometimes, trying to design somehting crosses my mind-but it is only wishful thinking on my part.

25 comments:

Vonna said...

Great finish Sharon! I love those colors!
:)

Cindy said...

I love the finish and Congrats on the first finish of 2007!!!

Lucy said...

Hi Sharon...found you from another blog's comments. Your blog looks familiar...I remember your stitching and how much I liked it...I must have visited before. I'll add you to my bloglines so i can visit again.

Heidi said...

Great finish! I love all the colors.

Carol said...

What an adorable finish Sharon! And, I did not get a chance during the hectic week of returning to work to also say that you and your Grandpa looked wonderful together in that photo!! God Bless Him!

Bets said...

Very nice! A finish for 2007 already -- what a great motivator you are :)

Sue said...

Congrats on your first 2007 finish. It looks great.

Chelle said...

Great finish, Sharon!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That is an adorable piece! i just love it!

mercy said...

Sharon those colors are so bright! I love them!! What's next?

Annemarie said...

Oh, what a lovely finish! I love Monsterbubbles. Her designs are so quirky!

Hannah said...

I love the colors! I can't wait to see this made into a pillow. Congrats on the finish!

Michelle said...

Congrats on the finish! The colors are beautiful!! It would be really pretty as a pillow.

jymisgurl said...

Congrats on the finish! It looks wonderful!

BeckySC said...

Congrats on your finish, Sharon :)

What a great pic of you and your grandfather!

bunnyhead said...

Congrats on your beautiful finish!

stitcherw said...

What a fun finish, so bright and cheerful. So, what is your next project to start?
Sue

Lili said...

This colourful project is very refreshing at this time of year! The kids are fine, thanks a million times for asking. I'll think of giving some news in my next post...
Take care, Sharon!

Carey said...

Very Nice! Well Done!!

- Carey K.
I'm Cross Stitch Crazy!!!

Arthemise said...

That's a very cool finish, so colorful. Congrats!

DonnaSews said...

Just beautiful.. Your blog is great...I will check back often.

Have fun..

Dianne said...

Love the moon! That's my motto, did you know-Diana, goddess of the moon? : )
I agree-the colors really are bright.

Von said...

How nice to see some bright colors in the middle of winter!

I must congratulate you on your excellent choice of grandparents! My DH's grandmother finally passed on two years ago at 105 - she lived on her own until she was almost 100. Great genes in that family, as well as yours. :D

whitecalla said...

I loved the colors Sharon. Great start to 2007. May life be as colorful (always beautiful) for your in 2007. :D

BTW, I've tagged you on the 6 weird things, do share and I hope to know you better.
~ Lillie

Redwitch said...

I'm a bit late to this, but it has brightened my day, love how you matched your font colours to your stitching :)