Friday, January 19, 2007

A WIP and a Tag




This a new beginning in progress, I decided to start at the center with blueberry creme. I just love it. It uses one strand of silk. The B next to it is done in glacier. You think you can whip through those motifs, but they are more intensive than I thought. I am also working on watermelon by LHN, almost finished with that and hope to post a picture soon.

Lillie from
Lil' Needlecrafter has tagged me to tell 6 weird things about me. Well, I am sure some of these things are not weird at least not to me but maybe they will tell you a little more about me.
6 Weird Things about Me
The rules: Each player of this game starts with the "6 weird things about you." People who get tagged need to write in their blog of 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names.

1. I absolutely hate parades, too long, and having to listen to the commentators talk about floats and so forth just bores me to tears. I figure if you have seen one parade you have seen them all. In that same light, I don't like going to the circus either.

2. I was not really a pet person, I see the wheels turning in your head saying but she has 4 cats. I know, I know it's just one of those things. Now, I did have pets as a child, a rabbit, gerbils, cat, and 2 dogs. Now, one of the dogs was very special to me his name was Puppy D (don't ask)I had him when I was quite young. I originally acquired my cats because I thought the kids should have a pet and along the way I fell in love and here I am today with 4 fur babies.

3. Some people think I am mean. Of course, I am not. I am just reserved at times and I think that people translate that into she doesn't want to be bothered. Not the case! I am very sweet-LOL, y'all know.

4. I love to collect coffee cups, antique tea cups, tea pots, glassware and I adore antique furniture, shows and stuff. I also really like wrist watches, baskets, and books.

5. I am a TV fanatic, love to watch. I have 4 TVs in my home and the one in my room is always on. No TV you say, bite your tongue! That's one of the first things I ask if the hotel has, that and cable. Give me Grey's Anatomy (By the way, what is wrong with that fool Isiah Washington (Dr.Burke) somebody gag him already!

6. I was a debutante for Alpha Kappa Alpha and presented to society when I was 17. I was also the president of my debutante group.

Now, I am going to tag the following people:
Pretty in Pink -Mercy
Totally Stitches-Hannah
Redwitch's Stitch & Bitch-Sue
Arthemise's Stitching Blog-Arthemise
Tea Time-Dawn
Ozark Stitching- Michelle

24 comments:

Vonna said...

Your stitching looks great Sharon!
:)

Cindy said...

Love the WIP, it looks like it is going to be gorgeous . . . I just love that color!

I do not have a pattern to the Jesus Rocks because I just free handed it, but give me a day or two and I will chart it for you! ;) and just email it to you!

stitcherw said...

The blues are lovely, I'll enjoy watching this one develope.
Sue

Barbara said...

New beginning is 'beginning' to look real elegant with those colours :)

J Rae said...

Sharon, I absolutely LOVE the colors of your New Beginning. Can't wait to see it finished!!!

Love the facts about you as well. On your #3, some people think the same thing about me. They usually use the word "stuck up or snob", but I am just more reserved as well. Of course, once you get to know me, you probably wish I would shut up already!! :-) Love ya, Sharon, and I know better about you as well.

Sue said...

I love your new start and your not weird at all :)

Carol said...

Pretty new start. I hope to stitch that one day too :-)

Chelle said...

The blues are lovely, you've made a great start. You don't sound the least bit weird to me. :o)

Annemarie said...

Hey Sharon, taht's a lovely project you're working on!
Loved to read about your weird side, so thanks for that!

Hannah said...

Hi Sharon! Your WIP is beautiful so far. Blue is my favorite color. I will be posting my tag in the next few days.. along with some pictures! I enjoyed reading yours and learning more about you.

Like J Rae and yourself, some people think I am mean or snobby, but I am just reserved at times.

You should have came to our yard sale this weekend. We sold four banana boxes full of tea cups and coffee cups! My grandparents used to own an antique mall. They closed it down quite a few years ago and now they are selling their house... so they had tons of antiques and misc stuff to sell! You could have gone wild! :)

I see that you like baskets - I love to weave baskets. I will have to take some pictures of my work so you can see. Right now they are packed up out in the garage with all the rest of my belongings. I feel so bad that I am not putting them to use!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I just adore your wip! Great job and it is going to be very lovely!

Stitchingnow said...

I'm working on my wierd list..
Have been giving it lots of thought. Like the WIP

Arthemise said...

Such a soothing blue...

I did my 6. I'm weirder than I thought! (OK, not really.) :-)

monique said...

You don't seem that weird to me LOL Well, except for the TV thing... we only have 1, and it's not on a lot!

Lucy said...

Love the shades of blue on your WIP. I can't wait to see the watermelon!

Lauren said...

Ohh, the blues are amazing! That's going to be amazing when it's finished.

Lili said...

lol! Interesting tag! And lovely wip...

meg said...

The blues are so great! I am loving them!
You have a very nice blog. I have just discovered it but I think I will come back to visit it very often :))

bye
meg

Barbara said...

Very, very pretty WIP!

You were presented to society? Like for real? I thought that only happened in novels... ;)

Cathy said...

Your off to a great start on your 2007 projects! Congrats on your recent Monsterbubbles finish - the colors in that design are so vibrant!

Redwitch said...

Hi Sharon, I've not been around much lately, but I've noticed the tag so will try to get to that soon. Don't think I'll be able to match the being presented to society thing tho' :) Love your recent finishes. x

Mary Kathryn said...

Your 'A New Beginning' is going to be beautiful!!

:0)

Dianne said...

If those are your weirds-you must be pretty dang normal! ; )
Great finishes-so your fob is a pinkeep-it works beautifully.
People think I'm snobby, I'm just reserved, but I get better as I get older. Now I just have to start wearing a lot of bling bling to follow my mom and grandmom into old age-lol

Meari said...

It's always fun to read about things people think are weird about themselves. Thanks for sharing! :D