Thursday, August 23, 2007
My First Box Finish and a SAL
I have been wanting to mount some of my needlework on a box. So since I was off this week, I got my chance. After some advice from the lovely Vonna, I proceeded to stain my box with a cherry like varnish. I had already decided to use this JABCO pattern that I had stitched in January of 2006. It's called open a new box daily. It is very colorful and best of all the pattern would fit on the top of the box. I think the hardest part for me was fitting the fabric on the inside of the box. As you can see I used an orange cheetah patterned fabric. I turned to one of Vonna's tutorials for help with that. I think it turned out pretty good IMHO.
In other stitchy news, I have finish finished my seasonal exchange and I hope to have that in the mail by Monday. I joined a sal with Lizzy and Ranae for Salem Sisters and here is a brief progress picture. Not to much done on it. I am using a conversion done by Terri because I really liked the one she stitched so much. I hope you don't mind Terri. It is done on Silkweaver's days gone by linen and converted to VC silks.
That's all for me. We survived the first week of school! Yay! Now, I can sleep in this weekend-looking forward to that. Hope you all have a great weekend and lots of stitching.
PS: Jamillah, if you are reading this, I have tried to contact you but I need an email address so hopefully I can answer your questions.
at 10:51 PM