Saturday, August 18, 2007

Summer Feast HD




Oh my, I haven't posted in over a week. I have been busy getting the kids ready for school and such. Very hard shopping with boys who aren't interested and a girl who wants everything! LOL I have been busy stitching though and I have a small finish to show for it. It's summer feast by Praiseworthy Stitches. It was a quick stitch, but that watermelon was very tedious. I thought I would never finish it. I think it is really cute and I want to stitch the new peacock treat too. I am not on automatic for these as I like to see what they look like before I commit to buying.

Thanks for the comments on my stash-I do enjoy it. Though just when I think I could and should stitch only from my stash-a new pattern comes out. What's a girl to do? Put blinders on? Has anyone seen the new coffee thread packs by LHN, a definite must buy. Also, I see there is going to be a new pair of Gingher scissors called Bianca coming out-got to have those. So, I give up! Arrest me now-LOL Currently I am stitching ice cream sundae, and the freebie pattern an they shall seek him. I am also stitching on rise and shine by Samsarah designs. Not to forget too, that I have developed a sudden attraction for Cirque des Circles. I even have fabric and a silk thread all picked out for that. I will have to show you in another post what it looks like. The fabric is called fresco and the silk is a waterlilies called Java. Think chocolate and pinks!

Since, I haved yakked your ear off I will go. I have to go to work today(yuck!). But, I am off for a glorious 8 days and 7 nights beginning Monday(hooray!). The kids will be in school and peace will descend for a few hours upon my home. Hope you all have a great week!

26 comments:

Vonna said...

This looks LOVELY Sharon! I have this one too :)
Have fun working (yeah right...)
This is my working weekend too :(

Myrna said...

This is cute! I have seen those LHN Coffee things.... I'm thinking a must have! I'm going to have to look for the new Bianca scissors. I think I am addicted to those.

I must go to work tomorrow, but, then am off for two days! Hey -- you take what you can get!

Our school year doesn't start until after labor day... so, a couple more weeks of chaos!

Have a great time off....

Hugs!

Ranae said...

That is a very cute finish. I have never seen it before. I cant wait to see your CDC start. You should join http://cirquedescercles.blogspot.com/
Get some peace and quite next week, and some stitches in too.
Oh! I love scissors, add to my collection,lol.

stitcherw said...

Summer Feast turned out adorable. I've seen the new coffee one by LHN and it is also on my must have list. Your color combination for CdC sounds wonderful, I can't wait to see you post a picture of the fabric and fibers you'd be using. I did give in and get the pattern for my stash, but haven't started to think about how I'd do it if I actually did stitch it.
Sue

Marita said...

That is a very pretty finish. Well done.

Carol said...

How sweet!

Becky K said...

A great stitched piece. Enjoy your time off from work.

Aussie Stitcher said...

Cute finish, hope you get lots of time to stitch with you days off work and the kids at school.

Joanne

Annemarie said...

No Sharon, I have not seen ANY of these new designs! Just when I thought I was safe...

I love your wee finish, too. And the week ahead sounds like a little bit of heaven to me. Enjoy all your free time!

Barbara said...

This is an adorable finish!! (Though I certainly can see how the watermelon slice might feel like it went on forever. LOL!)

Your upcoming week off from work sounds heavenly - enjoy!!

Karoline said...

Very cute, congratulations

Redwitch said...

Great, cute finish! Enjoy your week off :) I like the sound of your colours for Cirque des Circles too.

PS great stash last time - impressive!!!

Hazel said...

Very nice PS design. Love it. xx

J Rae said...

Can't wait to see the LHN designs!!!

Have a great week off!!! Enjoy!!!

Margaret said...

Summer Feast is so adorable Sharon.

My goodness, you did some serious stashing. Gorgeous stuff!! How are you ever going to decide what to stitch first?

Lauren said...

It looks delicious! I hope your week off is filled with lots of stitching and relaxing! And I'd love to see what you're picked out for Circles :)

Michelle said...

Summer Feast is looking beautiful!

Bets said...

Very cute, love the threads!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Now if you could just balance the kids out that would be great! the boys wouldn't mind shopping so much and the girl wouldn't want it all! LOL! Love the stitching!

Leena said...

It's a cute finish!

Isabelle said...

Sharon, that is so lovely!!

Jamillah said...

Dear Miss Sharon

I normally do stamped projects. I want to try my hand at counted but I have a hard time detemining the center of the Aida cloth. I really want to do the HP Hedwig dour corner. Also, what is up with the sizes of the Aida cloth?? Need help!!!Newbie!!

Lillie said...

Lovely finish.
No my ears are still intact..LOL! Glad you shared life here, Sharon, ups or down you and me are not alone. My kids are like yours too.
Enjoy your week off..or more?? Enjoy! enjoy ! enjoy!

monique said...

The more I see the CdC being stitched, the more I feel like I need it LOL!

I hope you are enjoying your week off!

Cheryl said...

Lovely finish Sharon!
Oh yes CdC is a great piece! I have it and have started it but have not worked on it in a long time. Have you seen this blog for it http://cirquedescercles.blogspot.com/

Von said...

The kids have all started school now, of course, but the shopping gets to be an awful pain. Your kids sound like mine, the girl wants everything, the boys don't really care, lol!