Thursday, December 27, 2007

Be Silly Cubed!




Well, Christmas is over for another year. Mine was great and I hope yours was too. Today, I finally got around to a little finishing and completed be silly by My Mark Designs into a cube. As you can see it is very pepto bismol like as it is going into my daughter's room-which is very pink. I love the batik fabric I found to go on the back! I think the front is a little plain, but for the life of me I couldn't think of anything I would like to add. Sometimes less is more!

Thanks for your comments on my last exchange, they are much appreciated. I am still off a few days here-don't go back to purgatory-LOL until new year's day. I think I am beginning to feel the onset of some startitis-lol. Whatever will I get up too? Hope your week is a good one. Catch you all later and happy stitching.

20 comments:

Teejay said...

Be Silly is really cute and whimsical, some cute swirls on buttons or stickers would be a really cute embellishment on it. The batik fabric looks perfect for this design.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Sharon, that is adorable!

Cheryl said...

I love your cube Sharon, especially that backing fabric!!

Sachiko said...

Hi Sharon,

Lovely cube!!
Have a happy new year!!!

lena-lou said...

Seasons Greetings to you and your family Sharon with all best wishes for New Year :-))

What a fun cube you have here for your DD :-))
Loved what you did for Carol for the Seasonal exchange too .

Dawn said...

I think it looks great!! Congrats on a superb finish:)

Dianne said...

I think you're being silly just like your cube-which is way cute! No, I'd like to start some thing new myself. : )
Happy New Year!

stitcherw said...

It looks great, and perfect for a pink room. The backing fabric is so pretty too, it is fun to look at all on its own.
Sue

Bets said...

How sweet and very cute!

tkdchick said...

I think be silly is just great I love how you put the bow off to the side, nice touch!

Karoline said...

Very cute Sharon, congratulations

Meari said...

Cute cube! Perfect for any girl's "pink" room. :)

shakatak66 said...

Just wanted to drop by to wish you all the best for the remainder of the festive season - and hope that 2008 is a wondrous year filled with peace, love and happiness ... as well as lots of stitchy goodness. I look forward to keeping up-to-date with your blog on a more regular basis again once I get into a permanent home :)

Lili said...

Lovely exchange and such a beautiful finish on be silly! This is a saying I will try to apply next year. Lol!
I hope you have a fine end of year before purgatory... Lol!
Take care,
Lili

Shelleen said...

Be Silly is cute and love the fabric on the back.

Dawn B. said...

Love the cube and thanks for the idea. HAPPY NEW YEAR

mymarkdesigns said...

That turned out great, Sharon! Love the fabric you chose for the back :)

Jenna said...

I love your Be Silly cube just as it is. It highlights the design nicely. :)

Michelle said...

Love the fabric on the back! Beautiful finish!

monique said...

Sharon, I decided to start a gallery page on my blog... would you mind if I use this pic over there?